Silencer vs Air Stripper

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by zahed2010, Jan 22, 2013.

1. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Any views on the above? Is the silencer just that, or does it help accuracy? Are there any advantages on an Air Stripper over a silencer?

Any advice gratefully received. :)

2. Gibbs

Gibbs New Member

I think it depends on the gun.
    My S400 groups definitely tightened up with the adition of the AA silencer. It also lowered the POI slightly.
    Where as my Steyrs don't want anything on the barrel end.
    One big difference is some strippers are adjustable and I don't think any silencer are, so an air stripper may need a lot more fettling to fully test it.

Atb,

Alec.

3. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Thanks Alec.

I have an AA silencer on my S400 but was thinking of putting on an air stripper.

4. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    If you gun can currenty group with your chosen pellets at 35 (under 15 ml) , 45 (uinder 25 ml grouping) and 55 (all under 40ml) yards, dont change it.
    You may need a better shooter than yourself to judge the above if you personally cant do the above, but most S400 can do the above with the correct batch of pellet.

You have not shot a comp yet i believe and thus have lots to learn without worrying about equipment just yet. Nothing will improve your results more than putting in results.
    hope to see you at tondu on feb 17.

5. TonyF

TonyF SWEFTA FT Champion 2006

Club:
    Mendip, East Devon, Avon Hawks and Oaktree.
    Don't change what you have, I have a S410 with AA silencer and it groups just fine. I also know others with S400's, all still have the AA silencer attached and put in really good scores at competitions. :)

I would also agree with Simon comments, put in the practice first before start changing things! ;)

6. rich

rich Active Member

S410 in 22 cal with silencer.

5 shots at 20 yards standing.

[​IMG]

Groups well enough for me, if only I do my bit. :D