SiHFT - Round 4 Horsham

Discussion in 'Calender Events' started by Feral, May 12, 2009.

1. Feral

Feral New Member

2. 5teve L

5teve L STOP ! HAMMER TIME !

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    SiHFT rd 4 @ Horsham directions.

For all you Satnaver's Postcode is RH12 4RN

Coming from Crawley/M23 on the A264 come off 3rd exit on roundabout into Faygate village, from Horsham it's the 1st exit into Faygate (It's the roundabout with the Cabin cafe on it, right hand side if from Crawley, left from Horsham ). Follow this road (Faygate lane) go through Faygate village & over the railway bridge out of Faygate. Carry on this road untill you see a junction on the right, this is Lambs Green Road & heads to Lambs Green, continue down this road past The Lamb Inn until you come to a junction, turn right onto Langhurstwood Lane (East road is left) untill you come to a sharp right hand bend with a single track road directly in front of you, go up this till you come to another sharp right hand bend/junction & take it left to The Mount & it's called Orlton Lane, head up there a little & the site is just up there on the right in Gotwick Farm.
    There will be signs out (i hope) & please observe a 5mph speed limit into the farm, parking attendants will direct you where to park in the farm.

Please get in touch if you would like to come & aren't a member of one of the Sussex clubs & we will see if we can accomodate you.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Just under a week to go for round 4, any Hawks we will be doing a work party/course setting Friday & Saturday.

Burger van sorted, parking area sorted, we have toilets & will set out the plinking range, please no non-members before 8am though.
    Lets hope the weather is like yesterday & not today !!
    See you all there.

4. blackscale

blackscale Member

Stevie Boy!!:rolleyes:

abandon all hope!....We won the last round....we shall win again...(Hopefully i will be contributing!....):D:D

We have a sensible team now...we are gonna make you eat some Horsham Dirt!
    (Get some of that manure spread around a bit so we feel at home can ya!!)

GAGGING!
    XX:D

5. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Lol, we have bigger piles of sh*t than you Spongey, we could loose a shooter or two in them i reckon :p
    Looking at the size of the nettles that grow out of it I think I'll stick my daughter & son in there so we have some juniors by next month :p

6. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

i shall be there after my week of pure hell .
    any of you chaps on here wanna come then please do its gonna be a cracker test ya skills & all that !:D

HAWKS RULE :cool:

7. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Also We have gone to the trouble of arranging a burger van so please no barbeques, there will be horses in the field next to the parking and we do not
    want any trouble from the natives. thank you;)

Derek

8. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    The course is all set, a nice course we hope, nothing to taxing so i expect some high scores ;)
    Beware the 'toxic melon' if it's windy though :shot:

9. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Thanks to all that came today, shame Meon couldn't make it but we still managed 67 shooters I believe :eek:
    I think a fair course was set as most had a smile & seemed to enjoy it alot.
    I will try to get the scores posted on here but I will need someone to help with that as Mike (~Biggles) posts them straight on the BBS & I have no access at the moment :rolleyes:

Well done John (Bunny Bopper) on the 59, cracking score mate.
    PS, this is the point where I actually miss the BBS at the moment as I can't get any feedback on course setting etc :(
    ATB
    Steve

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  10. Feral

Feral New Member

Steve the course was superb. Some very clever shots that proved you can use the environment and terrain to great effect without the help of cages ;) placement to make some of the shots tricky for different trajectories and zeros together with some really good funneling to make range estimation hard really added to the interest and could fool people who looked at a shot as a 'gimme' only to be surprised by the log or branch 5 yards in front.

There was a good mix of ranges and some varying kill sizes making the range estimation on some particularly interesting, plenty of room between pegs and a varied set of targets... all in all a top shoot and a top venue. The scores did not reflect how tricky the course was as I think it is more a case of the shooters getting better than courses getting easier in SiHFT... anyone who gets a badge more than deserved it... 56 for a bronze!

I had the serious shakes and should have hydrated properly so was happy to walkaway with a 56

Daniel killed the toxic melon and is happy as can be, next time can it be painted yellow ;)

11. martin c

martin c New Member

great day

had an excellent day and pleased that my scores are slowly going in the right direction sorry i couldnt help with setting on friday but duty called, but none the less a cracking course thanks to all concerned
    if i see scores on the bbs i will post if they are not here as i seem to be the only hawk not banned at the moment:D:D:D:D:D:shot:

12. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Thanks Cliff, it's good to hear we got it right.
    As I can't view the BBS at the moment I can't see the feedback from others, thanks for PMing me some of them, much appreciated mate.
    I really enjoy setting the courses (with my biatch Dave) & so when I see all the smiles as people go round it's great (also good to know i've outfoxed a few of the shooters as well ;) )

ATB
    Steve

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  13. swallows las

swallows las New Member

great course horsham realy enjoyed the day. thanks for all your hard work.

14. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Glad the scores are creeping up MArtin, don't worry about the work party Friday mate , there will be others ;)

15. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    All good feed back on the bbs you and Dave have nothing but prays
    I will post the results when there up, see u Monday

Derek

16. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

Its a pleasure shooting and being a part of Horsham ARPC- I have just posted on the bbs and from what I heard today the majority thought the course was very good .

I still don't think it was a simple course just that sussex shooters have upped there game a bit , that has to be a good thing for all of our clubs ?

Cheers you lot ........... even Martin :D and well done to Derek and Steve for all the hard work they do !

atvb

Dave

17. 5teve L

Club:
    The Oaks & Horsham hawks
    Results now Here