Sightron SIIISS45X45EDTD

Discussion in 'Benchrest' started by Peter Montanez, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Peter Montanez

Peter Montanez Be Excellent!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  2. NeilM

NeilM Well-Known Member

Club:
    Mendip & Shebbear
    I have just been reminded that I reviewed the Sightron 45 x 45 last year. Looking at my notes it was a light, relatively small scope with a really excellent sight picture.

I did not try it for bench rest, I was looking at it from an FT point of view and did a side by side comparison with my own Leupold Competitions, the Sightron came out absolutely even with a slightly better sight picture but not quite as good a finish as the Leupold.

I also reviewed the Sightron 36 mag. This is marketed as a bench rest scope and is a direct competitor to the now discontinued Weaver T36.

In this case I did look at the 36 as a BR scope and was pretty impressed with it for the price, it is nothing fancy to look at but the optics are more than up to the task.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Peter Montanez likes this.
  3. Waldo

Waldo Active Member

Club:
    B O A C, B R P C ,
    Agree with the above ref the Sightron 36 x42 BRD ,I use two of these ,first one I bought through Aim Field Sports about 5 years ago and the second from Optics Warehouse last June .
    Both scopes are used for 25 and 50 m BR and are superb.
    If you shoot the UKBR22 25 spot 25 m indoor cards, you can place the target dot inside the centre of the bull and still see a gap around the dot.
    The turrets on the newer scope don't seem as positive/ audable, and the finish on the tube is not as durable ,apart from that I consider them an excellent scope for the money .

I was considering the Delta Sryker ED 5-50x56 HD SFP 1/8 moa turrets scope as it's upto 50mag would be better for 50m ,but at £1,600 that's serious money, compared to around £500 new and around £350 second hand for a 36mag Sightron .
    Gordon.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  4. Peter Montanez

Thanks that is very helpful. I had heard the 36mag Sightron was good for BR

5. custompaint

custompaint Optics Warehouse

Club:
    Buckley Wood
    Hi Peter

welcome back! if you need any advice on scope please feel free to give us a call at optics warehouse, we are only down the road from you too.

Kind Regards

John farbrother

6. Peter Montanez

Ok thanks John.
    Is it possible to visit and look at the scopes in the flesh. I find it hard to make any decisions unless I can look through and feel the goods.

Seems you’ve gone a long way in FT since I saw you last. Impressive.

The seals have just gone on my gun cylinder. So out of action for a while.

Regards
    Peter

7. custompaint

custompaint Optics Warehouse

Club:
    Buckley Wood
    Thank you Peter,

yes that wouldn't be a problem, i am away from tomorrow till Monday, so Tuesday on wards would be fine however a quick call first to make sure we are not rushed off our feet would be appreciated and 98% of our business is mail order.

will be good to have a catch up also!

well hopefully the seals will be replaced quickly and be up and running again soon!

Regards

John

8. Peter Montanez

Ok John, I will do that and attempt to coincide with a lull for you.