Sightron scopes

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by sHotRod, Mar 6, 2010.

1. sHotRod

sHotRod Pointed Pellet Shoot

Thinking about a new FT scope and spotted these scopes in an 8- 32 x 50 with mildots, only downside is they only parralax down to 40 yards. Optically they look very good, but does anyone know if they could be re-parralaxed for FT ranges ? and if so who would be best to ask to do it ?

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    there's a 10-50 as well.

3. sHotRod

:) yeah seen them too thx Rob, but they only seem to come with either a fine cross or target dot ret, and would prefer mildot if i could one

4. Jon

Jon Member

Why would you want a mildot for ft, its only being used for windage. I do have two mildot rets here one 1st focal plane the other 2nd fp on a prototype Falcon - 4 dots are inside a kill over 52 yards, whats the point too much going on and use it like the Tasco days main cross aiming off for wind rather than the dots in 1st FP on PR Leup.

5. CoolId

CoolId New Member

I had a look at the 10-50*60 at Newark. Firstly the mag range will give vastly better range finding, and secondly they already parallax down to 10 yards. Target dot does it for me. Looking at the objective lens there are notches in the lens retaining ring which suggest it might be possible to reparallax. Have you asked at Aim Field Sports (the distributors)?

Regards

Dave

6. sHotRod

Jon -thankyou and yeah i can see your point, it can be a bit busy shooting on a high mag but i've had better results from having something for windage judgement as opposed to a target dot but maybe that was just me

Dave - thx for that i hadnt realised that they did go down to 10 yds any way on the bigger mag scopes, think i will have a closer look at them.