Sightron Scopes

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by killen, May 11, 2012.

1. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Any thoughts on Sightron S111 10-50 x 60 scopes for FT?
    Whats the preferred reticle for FT use.
    Sightron UK think the LR MOA, but there is a cross hair plus central dot reticle (like the Leupold Comp scopes) the LR MD.
    Does anyone know of any for sale?

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Take a look, not much preferred about them at all, only know of two in use fir FT and have heard of POI shift when parrallaxing at lower ranges.
    Maybe best to stick to something that's tried and tested ;)

3. emerey

emerey Member

Club:
    Tiro Federal Argentino de Buenos Aires
    hi mate, i'm using one on my EV2MkIV without problems as mention... the reticle is a MilDot, the clicks respond very very well and i've never note any unpredicted movement of poi, neither shifting with temperature variations, bright, clear, with no aberrations of colour or shapes.
    eye relief is long as many scopes for high power rifles, (half moon mark, you know?).
    well, thats it, seeyou!:D

4. Dave Ramshead

Dave Ramshead England HFT Team squatter

Club:
    Rivington Riflemen
    John Dean (Aim Field Sports) let me have a play with that scope at the Kelmarsh show a couple of weeks ago.
    Rangefinding - it snapped in and out very quickly, with the image quality easily as good as any leup i've had in the past.
    I'm not usually over fond of illuminated rets, but with this one just lighting up the central dot, it was quite discreet and not in your face. The ret also has good potential to get a range check via bracketing instead of relying on focus ranging alone which can be useful.
    Turret operation was nice & crisp, felt very positive.
    All you would expect out of a scope in this price range really.

5. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    As soon as i have a sidewheel for the one i bought earlier in the year(10-50x60 LRMD)i'll let you know how i get on with it, first reactions are as above, very clear optics and focus seems to snap in/out very quickly. I have someone on with making wheels for them, he's adding them to his list of products... should be about 6 weeks.:)

6. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

There is a sightron for sale on the bbs

7. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Yes there is, but it's an 8-32 which has a minimum 50yds focus: only the 10-50 has the extended focal range to allow focus from ~10yds.

8. D Hat

D Hat Everyone's friend

Just bought a 10x50x60 with the LR MOA reticle, first impressions are very promising. Great optics and snaps in and out of focus. Steve Lanyman's been using one with the target dot ret for a while now and hasn't reported any problems.

9. killen

killen Senior Member

Club:
    Millride
    Thanks for all this guys. When I mentioned that I was thinking of buying one at our club, all the coments were negative.They had seen one at Weston Park last year and didn't care for the optics. The favourite recommendation is the Leupold Comp. I know Leupold are good scopes having owned two in the past and one on a full bore rifle now. The fixed mag of the Leupold must, however be a drawback.
    I still think that the Sightron must be a serious contender, so will try to get my hands on one to try it out.http://www.shooting-the-breeze.com/forums/images/smilies/744_shooting[1].gif

10. Fox

Fox Member

Hi, have been using the Series 111 10 50x 60 LRMD since last August (previouse Scope Nikko Mk 3) had no problems at short range just a bit of temp shift.

Snaps in & out beter than the Nikko very repeatable & when in focus shows greater detail than the Nikko.

Mildots seem very large & wider spaced compaired to Nikko .

Turrets nice & positve clicks & greater range than Nikko

Have been very pleased with it.

Clive