Sightron S111 10 x42 MMD

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by ChrisJ, Jul 30, 2010.

1. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Looking at getting a HFT scope to mount on my AA400 and found this , I have owned a couple EB snipers 10 x42 in the past and before I buy another was wondering if anyone has experiance of these Sightron scopes, the specs look good with looks like rear parralex like the Nikko sterling sniper, any thoughts and what are these retailing at. link to specs is here... http://www.sightron.com/index.php?action=view_document&did=1201816362&cat_id=6&id=151

Chris

2. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

Waiting for one to arrive anytime now, they all got recalled as they weren't true mildot, Tim Finley is helping them get them sorted and hats off to sightron they listen to the shooters.

Pete

3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Thanks sparky would be interested in your findings and if they should send a spare HINT, HINT. :D

Chris

4. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles

5. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

LOL Gary.....I was trying to be diplomatic and not mention that gary.....:D

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  6. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Thought you were quite impressed with the Sightron at the club Gary:confused:

Pete

7. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    Hi Pete yes with the 10/50 mag
    Chris is on about the 10 mag for Hft then you mention someone have an input the same person as the Schmidt that's what I commented on It

Gary

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

I can't really see how you can blame Tim seeing as all he did is review his pre production scope as soon as he got it.

Please remember that most people who later flogged them due to problems claimed the were fantastic when they first got them.

Any blame for the problems people had should be squarely laid with S&B

9. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Anyway back on subject.......What is the expected retail price of the sightron 10mag

10. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Yup and if it wasn't for Tim the 10 mag 10x42 would be on sale now, BUT wouldn't be true on 10:rolleyes: which is what most of us wants.

Pete

11. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters

RRP is around £550

Pete

12. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Just to put the record straight,

I came across this scope last Xmas, then asked Sparky and a few others to take a look, as Aim were going to have them at the Aigun Show in FEB, received mixed reviews, but like any scope you really need to have it on a gun and try it yourself.

I rang Pete as i knew he knows T Finley, and i had heard that Tim was doing some work with Aim, i asked Pete to see if he could get me one to try for free/review, worth a try, but didn't happen.

Tim then checked a couple out, and found that they were not True Mildot, but did say he thought they were on Par/Close to his fixed 10 S&B mildot.

Tim via Aim passed this back to Sightron, they have manufactured the piece parts that were needed and are assembling a batch for shipment to the UK. They are expected any time now.

There are more people who have shown an interest, than are coming in the first batch i think, as for price am expecting around the £500 mark, but could be wrong.

As Pete will be the second person, to get his hands on one, we await his verdict.

13. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    From the Aim literature I have that I picked up from the Newark show it say £549

14. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

From yank site $549.94 (Probably not even the cheapest), did'nt know the exchange rate had dropped that much:mad::mad: Anyone else tired of importers trying to rip us off:mad:

15. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    As I believe its something to do with the extra 30% on the Euro zone or such like, by my maths personal import may be cheaper if you can get it out of the US with there strange anti-terror laws now

I may be mistaken but its some jibberish like that about taxes

16. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Update

John from Aim Fieldsports rang me today with an update of the 10x42.

Sightron want to get the scope 100% right before they release it in the UK, which I personally think is a good thing.
    They are sending two scopes over this month, one coming to me and the other to Tim Finley, once they are happy with the findings they will ship to the UK.

Pete

17. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Sightron

Must be said,

Has to be worth a look......

Berty

18. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

It is more expensive than i thought it would be and that has made my mind up and i would be intersted to see if its worth £200 more than a EB, With sightron being new to this country they may stuggle to sell at that price perhapes they are hoping the sheep will follow the shepperd.
    Fair play on making sure it correct for the Uk HFT market and good to see a scope manufacturer listen to what is required for once,

19. Sparky

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    When you think about it the rrp for the EB is £424 and the Bushnell 6500 is over £800 rrp its not to bad a price, but will see if its worth it very soon.

I don't think they will struggle as if they are up to the job as there seems to be plenty of interest and the price has been known for months.

Pete

20. nurek

nurek Member

Club:
    Wendover ARC
    Mate of mine in Poland has bought one from the US and he is very impressed with the optics, the distances between dots are not true as Pete says, but they are at 1.2 milliradians apart, so the half marks are at 0.6 milliradians, so they are slightly further apart, this isn t a great deal but makes a difference. He is happy with it though and rates the scope (he has used Leupolds, IOR, Zeiss and Kahles for HFT).