Sightron s-tac 3-16x42 moa

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Drake267, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Drake267

Drake267 Member

Club:
    Darlington
    Hi all,

Ive been looking at this scope and really fancy one, it wil be used for hft and a bit of hunting and range work. I havent the chance to look through one as no one near me stocks them. Do any of you guys have any experience with them? If so id love to hear any views on it. Good or bad. Thanks very much. Brett

2. broekzwans

broekzwans New Member

I’m using one for HFT and I really like it. The glass is one of the best (if not the best) in its price class! The reticle is really thin so that’s something you might like or not. You can calibrate the reticle to be true milhash (according to my calculations it’s 9,3x) so it can be used to do range-finding.

It has a ‘tactical’ style coating on the outside which is a matte rough coating that will look like a rash when something scratches it, the coating is hard and will not be damaged but it will look like it but you can just wipe it off with a cloth.

3. Drake267

Drake267 Member

Club:
    Darlington
    Thanks very much mate, appreciate the reply. It’s def one on my list to have a look at.

4. broekzwans

broekzwans New Member

A picture with the scope mounted on my Steyr. You can see the white 'rash' I was talking about on the scope just before where the sunshade starts.

[​IMG]

Jace2222 likes this.
  5. Drake267

Drake267 Member

Club:
    Darlington
    Cheers mate. Looks a nice set up though!