Shooting with glasses on

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by villiers, Jun 27, 2012.

1. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Silly question when shooting with glasses on will head position become even more important as you adding another lenses into the system which can move. Or is it classed as part of your eye ?
    All this means is i am trying to shoot with my glasses on again.
    Don:rolleyes:

2. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    Ayup Don, as you know i wear glasses so here is my two penneth worth. I think that if you are shooting on high mag 40ish plus the fact that your head position has to be spot on to see through the scope with a full sight picture the extra lens bit does not really matter, however i use single vision lens because ai do think you possibly get refaction when using certainly Bi sexual glasses (caused loads of problems from the kneeling position with the extra lens) not sure about vari focus but i would guess they would create issues as well.Ps welcome to the old knackers club at least i have still got my own teeth before Holly Friend starts.
    Regards steve

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Glasses

The only glasses you usually look through steve , are beer glasses ??? HOLLY:):D
    PS i use glasses , but to shoot i abandon them for the crystal clear lenses of my Comp X .

4. Mr P

Mr P Active Member

Club:
    Castle
    When i went to the opthamologist he gave me a dog so i have no choice but wear glasses otherwise someone would start a new thread calling me a cheat because the dog would be helping.:D:D:D:shot:

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    that expains your score! :p

Don, i dont find it that critical a all. single lens blind as bat strength.

6. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    Don... I shoot with mine on with the big nikko and have found no issue (bar steaming up or raindrops) yet

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Ha ha

Ha you big Tart , i did not say that that i could hit anything ? i just said i could see the misses , crystal clear ??? HOLLY:):D:eek:

8. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
    Im as blind as a very blind bat who wears a blind but for the life of me i cant shoot in me bins. I have huge problems trying to get the eye relief correct so i use a D&G Designs scope enhancer and with my head jammed tight into it i get correct head positioning each & every time. Simples, like me :D
    Bear in mind i couldnt hit a wheely bin from inside :p

9. neilL

neilL New Member

Club:
    NOFTC CRPC
    Hi Don
    I use varifocals for day to day use but I use a single vision pair for shooting otherwise the reticule focus just varies with position (sitting vs. kneeling, etc) which confuses me when ranging in the 50-55 distances. I wear them for a while before the start to adjust but the eyepiece is the same (and taped up after one day of confusion when it rotated).

Neil

10. D Martin

D Martin Non member

I ware varifocals and can't shoot with them on. I just set my scope up to my eyes without them and get somebody else to fill the score cards in ;)

Dave

11. buggsson

buggsson New Member

Where can I find those enhancers?

12. PaulD

PaulD I like Feinwerkbau's

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT&ARC
  13. mountain view

mountain view New Member

Club:
    Blaina Gwent ARC
    I'm newish to ft and am a regular varifocal user; I think that if you wear single lens glasses then if you find it ok then use them, for me I cant wear the varifocal because of the different lenses so they stay in the car and I let the scope do the rest
    Happily I can get round without glasses
    Gordon

14. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    I've used varifocus lenses for 30 odd years and manage reasonably well.I think the advantage I have is we got used to parallax prioblems in the 80's at Markyate and to avoid it we learned the same head position was enabled to avoid it.This probably carried on till today.
    Ensuring the sight picture has an even dark ring surrounding it soon shows potential errors if the evenness changes.
    HERX77 .

15. rick

rick New Member

Contact lenses are worth a try if you can use them. Before I had my eyes lasered I tried mono vision a distance lense in the dominant eye and one for close work in the other. Worked a treat when I worked in an office. Made driving a bit weird especially at night, but atleast I could see where I was going and the speedo at the same time.:D

16. steg

steg Member

Club:
    Emley Moor
    You never bothered with a speedo...unless you were chasing someone:D

17. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

So thats turned you evil Rick? :shot: :D