Shooting jackets

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Does anyone know if shooting jackets will be allowed at the worlds in Hungary?

2. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I honestly don't see how they can ban them.
    Whatever their home rules about such matters the WFTA core rules stipulate ANY clothes allowed, so if they have any contradictory rules they will surely have to be changed before the main event.
    There are certain things that are left up to the National Governing Bodies of Host Nations but that isn't one of them. As I recollect South Africa had to make certain changes to their domestic rules to mesh with the WFTA core rules last January at their AGM.

3. Steve

Steve Member

Cheers for that,I just seem to recollect something about jackets not being allowed at a shoot earlier in the year,and seeing as I am planning on going to the worlds just wondered if I needed to start shooting without it on.

4. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

I seem to remember a post a couple of months ago saying that there was descrepancies between the NGB rules & the WFTA rules & a link to the WFTA core rules was requested by one of the Hungarian's but I can't remember the outcome of that.
    I'm planning on going to the Worlds in Hungary too but don't use a gimp coat, sling or glove so the only thing I've got my eye on is whether there will be a series of micro kills out at all ranges & on disciplines but that IS up to NGB rules.
    I'm certain Rob will keep us appraised of anything that he sees in the pipeline & of course Maestro on here is a top Hungarian shooter & is spending sometime here now, so little reason for any nasty surprises!

5. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    the WFTF rules are on the efta.org.uk site... they're not very comprehensive...

a lot is down to the NGB hosts.

i'll enquire about jackets :)

6. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Sorry Rob, I'm sure I'm being abit dim & will test your patience with this but I can't seem to see the WFTA Core rules link on here.

7. Steve

Steve Member

Was it not something James Osbourne won that he couldn't wear his jacket?

8. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Wasn't that Poland in '06? Before my time, didn't start till the next season but the WFTA core rules were introduced after '07 I think, making 12fpe the new across the table power limit.
    Ready to be corrected though.

9. Steve

Steve Member

Don't think that it would have been that in 06 as I've not been shooting that long.

10. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Well, ' 07 was the U.S. & only afew went over, JO wasn't one of them. Northern Ireland held it in '08, I can't remember much controversy then but something about single point slings rings a bell! And of course, as I've said South Africa had to change a number of rules for this year, including jackets.
    I seem to remember being told that jackets were outlawed in Poland though, but I wasn't there.

11. kzozee

kzozee New Member

Hi Mate,

Not allowed, sorry:
    Rules

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  12. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

It won't effect me because I don't use one but if the WFTA core rules say they are then surely they are.

13. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member

Club:
    EAST DEVON FTC
    Don't WFTF core rules overrule NGB on such occasions as you would think, Also I don't use a jacket...

14. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

Exactly my point Chris.

15. RobF

Club:
    http://efta.org.uk/wftfconst.html :)

16. RobF

Club:
    I suggest that people familiarise themselves with the HFTF rules, as there are some other things in there that might change some people's practice.

For instance:

1.5 Any kind of modification (velocity settings, butt plate settings) on the rifle is not allowed
    during the competition.

17. Steve

Steve Member

Hmm spanner in the works there then,surely if its a WFTA event their rules should apply and not local rules so to say:confused:what about these knee brace's that seem to becoming more popular(for want of a better word)

18. Jon

Jon Member

4.4 Banned Steve:D

Theres other issues as well
    15.1/15.2 Timing may be different as on each target, plus 1 min set up time.
    6.3 Can be 4 targets in a lane against core rules 'up to 3' total time wuold be 5 mins.
    11.6 air leaving barrel considered a shot.

19. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

My last word on this

Ahh, thanks Rob.
    This is really the bit in question;

WFTF Core Rules

EQUIPMENT

* No rifle shall exceed 12ft/lb muzzle energy. A rifle found to be producing in excess of 12ft/lb will result in disqualification for the competitor.
    * All rifles shall be in good working order and safe in handling.
    * All forms of clothing are permissible.
    * Single rifle slings are permitted.

* No straps other than single rifle slings are permitted.
    * Bean bags, elbow pads & knee pads – refer to host NGB rules.

SHOOTING

* Targets are addressed in numerical sequence i.e. 23,24,25,26, etc
    * Competitors shall be timed 2 targets=3mins, 3 targets=4 minutes, etc. Time commences when you sit down and address the target or when you address the target for standing or kneeling shots. Range finding, loading of rifle, checking of the wind are all part of the timing process.
    * Every competitor is charged with leaving each lane firing area in a safe and tidy condition for the following competitors.

HFTA Rules

4.3.1 The glove can t contain steel or any stiffish material

14.4 Kneeling: There shall be only 3 points of contact with the ground – one sole, one knee,
    and toes. Bean-bag may be used to keep the knee clean but it should not support the ankle.
    Seating to foot is allowed when the peg and leg are in 90 degrees. Slings are not allowed.
    14.5 Standing: just soles are connecting to the ground. Slings are not allowed.

18. Clothing
    18.1 Any clothing (i.e. clothing that is favourized by the ISSF shooters) that stabilizes the
    position of the shooter is forbidden.

15. Time per line
    15.1 Competitors shall be informed about time limit prior shoot.
    15.1.1 Time limit is typically 1 minute/target. Timing is mandatory for all HFTA events. The
    time will be continuous, with the number of minutes allowed equating to the number of targets in
    that line.
    15.2 The preparation time shall not be more than 1 minute/line. Preparation time does not
    contain the time for resetting the targets.
    15.2.1 Preparation time starts when the competitor enters the shooting line with resetted targets.
    15.3 Shooting time starts when the eye is put to the sight.
    15.4 Shot after time limit shall be credited as “missâ€.
    15.5 In the event of a ‘cease fire order, guns will be discharged safely into the ground. Timing
    shall be stopped. After ‘cease fire event timing shall be continue.

Now, the TIME issue is an odd one to bring up perhaps because the Hungarian rules resemble ours, Eye to scope to start the clock but as the WFTA rules are specific, they should be the guideline that the Worlds follow.
    I feel abit nit-picky frankly about this especially as I don't use a jacket or a glove & I don't have a sling on my PCP though I do on my springer, so I appear to be Mr. Pedantic here, but I just feel that a number of Countries including our own have signed up for these rules, they are there to makesure we are all singing from the same hymn sheet at each occasion & specific rules aren't subject to interpretation. Where WFTA Core rules say that something is down to the NGB fair enough but isn't it right that each World Championships should be broadly the same in key points to ensure we are all competing at the same sport?
    I'll say no more about this as I don't want to get bogged down in the politics of it all.

20. RobF

Club:
    Don't worry, I'll get clear dictate on what superceeds what. I'm pretty certain WFTF overrides HFTF. However, as I pointed out above, there are quite a few areas where there is no WFTF core rule, so people do need to be aware.

If you spot anything else, let me know.

I don't think anyone is nit picking, I just think that people want to know where they stand, and I'll endeavour to get official confirmation of any points people raise to me. (i'll post on the BFTA forum as well when I have concrete). We all like a little different flavouring now and then, we just like to know what's on the menu as well :)

Once I have it bolted down I'll confirm.