Shooting in the COLD

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Has anyone shot the combination of a Dommi and leup.20/50 today in approx 0- -1 conditions if so where you having to compensate a lot/little,I was having to give approx 4-5yds extra on every shot.

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Not here, but then I only set the power yesterday and it was colder then!:D;)

Ryan

3. Steve

Steve Member

Hi Ryan,yesterday it was doing 786 put it through when I got home and its doing 785 average over 10 shots but its back in the warm now:D

4. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I set mine at 775 yesterday and it was 772 after being outside for a few hours.

Ryan

5. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi i have a Walther dom and leup 20x50 combi my one from room temp 18 to -0, I see a change of 10ftsec in speed, i get to my shoot one hour before and let it cool down to outside temp and then crono it then check zero,what i do see sometimes is i have to add a couple of clicks on the longer shots as i think the pellet slows down faster in the colder thicker air.I dont think my scope shifts in that temp range as most of my range finding ties up with what the other lads say.
    Don

6. Steve

Steve Member

Cheers Don can't really see 10fps making a difference really though as I had a Steyr that went from 810-790-810-790 and so on (with mozzies)never made the blindest bit of difference on the poi.though.this was just shooting really low today though,definately temp.incurred got it out of the Peli case onto the plinking and it was spot on,my problem was though I only shot about 6 shots and thought thats fine:eek:left it out to get used to the baltic conditions,then went straight onto the course after a natter:eek:Its just a case of finding out if its the leup or the dommi that caused it.

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    My Leup shifts over 15deg so i do the wheel a couple of times a year ,or if i go some were new i check my scope on the plinking range boards and i use my laser range finder on there boards and i slip the wheel a little to match for the max range and most of the other ranges fall into place.I had a 55yard target to day was happy with the distance dailed it and had it drop out the bottom of the kill i was shooting into a dip and there was ice all over the ground well below 0 when i got to shoot it no had dropped it all the hits were low and it was not over distance .Shooting over frost makes the pellet do some strange thing.
    Don