Shooting in my Garden

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by DianaBob, Jul 16, 2010.

1. DianaBob

DianaBob New Member

Club:
    Tondu FT
    My Garden is 20Mtrs long with 6Foot walls all around how am i fixed legally to shoot at a targeg with my Diana280.

Bob

2. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Hi Bob,

you must ensure that no pellets leave your garden so have a good backstop :)

Shaun

3. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    also remember ricochets count as leaving if they leave, especially important if you're shooting knockdowns...

depending on your neighbours, it might be worth pre-empting any situation with a chat, perhaps showing them the safe backstop, and letting them know about how long and how often you intend to shoot. Most people i've heard that have had issues with neighbours have had issues with noise.

i'd also think about insurance as well... it's a small price to pay for peace of mind, and demonstrates that you're pro-active and covering all bases. If you can flash a club card as well, it all points to a responsible shooter just taking advantage of a bit of garden practice, rather than perhaps appearing as something else that people might worry about.

some years ago i had a visit from a neighbour about 4 doors up, who could hear the pellets in the air and thought they were coming his way. When I invited him to come and see the setup without any prior notice, on the spot, the offer seemed to reduce his fears... in the event it was just the noise of the pellets in the air, and the backstop he could hear... and i wasn't even shooting in his vague direction.

4. scooby1

scooby1 New Member

in the garden

if you are only shooting 20 mtrs it should not take long for the pellet to hit the target so you should not have to much travel noise of the pellet flying through the air .
    You should still have a sound mod on and a good back stop so if they cant hear you then the wont complain.

5. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Come along to tondu, only 15 mins from you. Far better to shoot with friends than annoy the neighbours?

Simon

6. Ripleysniper

Ripleysniper Team Walther 2011

Club:
    MidShires Marksmen
    SPOT ON don't annoy the neighbours they are a good bunch of lads at tondu and you will learn a thing or two.