Shooting as a guest

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Eric65, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Eric65

Eric65 Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar
    On regular base I come over from Holland to the UK for work. My company's production and development is just on the border of Richmond and Hounslow and when over I stay most of the time in Ripley. From the map elsewhere here on the forum it seems that in Twickenham and in Bisley HFT clubs are situated. Since I am over during these periods for almost a week it would be nice to visit one of these clubs and see if I can shoot there as well. Has anyone any idea how this works for foreigners?

2. rich

rich Active Member

It would probably depend on the individual club.

We're a long way from you - in north west Devon - and we quite often get visitors especially people who are taking a few days holiday down here, and fancy a few hours break from the wife and kids. They come along and borrow a club rifle, shoot a course or two, have a chat, and off they go.

As a matter of procedure we always ask visitors to confirm that they comply with the Firearms Act section 21 which restricts and in some cases forbids those who have had custodial sentences handling firearms.

We don't accept unexpected visitors, they have to have made contact beforehand, and they come as a guest of a member or as a club guest, signing in etc.

Our insurance doesn't require visitors to be British nationals and "foreigners" are welcome so long as there is no language issue bringing unacceptable risks.

3. Eric65

Eric65 Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar
    Thanks Rich, at least it is a start on mind setting.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Bisley's website is here...

http://www.bfto.org.uk/

Might be worth sending them an email. Loopy is a member on here from Bisley, she may be able to help.

5. Eric65

Eric65 Member

Club:
    FT Schalkhaar
    Thanks Rob!