Shires 100 2010

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by JamesO, May 23, 2010.

1. JamesO

JamesO Active Member

Hot Hot Hot:D

Well done to Rob on his win today with 85 ex100, and thanks for watching me miss that last target:D

Also well done to Team Dowry Hill on winning back the team trophy.

James

Attached Files:

2. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    What a cracking day!

Mine came slightly off the rails when after 20 targets my spring broke. Thanks to Greg for allowing me to share his gun for the rest of the morning round. Then thanks to Rob Long who took a spring from his spare rifle and fitted it in mine to allow me to complete the afternoon round.

Well done Rob F for his win

Shaun :)

3. richardio123

richardio123 Member

Awesome, look forward to hearing the low down from the horses mouth ;-)

R

4. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    And You Will HA Rob well done mate

And a big thanks to all for a hot and great shoot. :cool::cool:

5. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    What a scorcher - currently sat on the bed looking like a well done lobster ;)

Well done to Rob - top shooting.

Thanks to all involved in the shoot - excellent day.

I managed around 1/3 of the course before My score started to go belly up. Kit was fine but the numpty guiding it was not :eek:

Dave.

6. KarlC

KarlC Member

Club:
    Dowry Hill Ftc
    Thanks to Sywell,Dowry and Hereward for another great shoot, well done RobF , James O and Jonny Harris..for top shooting..Also Dowry take the trophy again..Sun gods were with us today..Karl and Debs

7. kilty

kilty Member

Club:
    SPRINGFIELD ARC
    Great day, tiring but rewarding!
    The young un stayed in bed? and left me to go on my own. Still the company there and back was good.

Thanks to all for putting on the shoot and well done to ALL the winners.
    Met some new friends today and might yet get on facebook??

Thanks to Nick and Jon for helping me out with technicals on a rifle, cheers

see you all next year at the Shires 100
    Barry

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Thanks Guys. Thanks to Sywell and the Shires 100 shoot for another well organised and memorable shoot. Cheers to the sponsors Kibworth Gun Shop and Air Arms, (pretty chuffed with my raffle prize). Already handed over the plonk as a placator for leaving at 5am and turning up just in time to get dinner :D

Jenny and me think that apart from the 500ft rock we had to climb up, that was like a little mini SA worlds (well 2/3rds of it really...) Think Sywell threw the lot at us today... even the bank had fits and starts of silly windage, the garden was it's normal baffling self, the open section seemed ok, but then I reckon if you get the hang of 2/3 of those areas then your onto something, but likely to be slaugtered by the third, whichever one is being tricky.

Anyone else got a massive dehydration headache? Somewhere 5 litres of water has gone missing...

9. blue ripley

blue ripley New Member

hard course well done shires for all work u done im tyred out see u lot soon

10. Tesla

Tesla Member

Club:
    AFTE ( Euskadi F.T.Association)
    Well done Rob. Good training for the Euskadi Open so temperature will be ussualy high on July!

Well done to the winners in the honor picture. Be careful with the red wine bottles!. Ideal wine temperature to drink it is 18 ÂșC. By the way it seems Spanish red wine, but I'm not sure.

Sorry to ear your troubles Shaun. Spring is for the springers the same than reg for the pcp's.

Regards .

11. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc
    Rob,

Headache is a understatement it's throbbing :(:(

12. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    I'll post up the full results tomorrow but here's the grade winners:

AA
    1. Rob Farnworth CSFTA 85
    2. James Osborne Dowry Hill 84
    3. Jon Harris Millride 83 + 12 with 7 hits on countback, won on a flip of a coin

Special mention for Andras Fekete-Moro who only lost out to Jon by calling "Tails". There wasn't a fag paper between 'em on the shooting

A
    1. Dean Burfoot Harriers 76
    2. Mark Stenton Anston 75
    3. Carl Davies Far Coley 74

B
    1. David Robinson Anston 77
    2. Roy Boliver Millride 74 + 11 on countback
    3. Andrew Coleman Midshires 74 + 7 on countback

C
    1. Richard Lambert Sywell 75
    2. Tony Cowderoy Hereward 61
    3. Peter Jacob Tondu 55

SFT/Piston
    1. Richard Baker Hereward 74
    2. Steve Lanyman ???????? 70
    3. Nick Murphy Dowry Hill 67

Congratulations to all the winners, who coped well with the conditions to triumph. The "Bank of Doom" claimed many victims today, including Little Kev's scope.

4 Shires Trophy
    I couldn't fiddle this one any other way, so we had to go with the top 4 scores, as per previous years

1. Dowry Hill 291
    2. Hereward 286
    3. Sywell 258

Well done to Dowry Hill - don't foregt we won it in '09 when you get the engraving done! Thanks to all who came and made it a great day. Thanks again to our sponsors, Air-Arms and Kibworth gunshop, without who we would not be able to put on the shooter's raffle. It was a marathon shoot - and felt like I'd run one at the end. Hopefully, you didn't get too sunburnt and you're all up for it again next year.

I'm knackered now - it's been a long day!:D

13. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Treated today as good gp practise and got just deserts!

Morning round was not too bad (dropped-12) but the afternoon heat and the wind picking up as I flagged (up at 4 am!) the wheels fell of a bit. Dropped another 17!
    Still, cant say the scope gave me a wrong range all day despite the heat, went high on a 47 yarder I believed to be 50 but no the rest of the misses were just down to me and sywell wind, what a place!
    Gun was spot on all day too.

Hope Any Gills has cooled the Styer down by now, most people expect there guns to climb in high temps but his dropped some 40-50 fps between mnorning session and Pm!

Well done to my shooting partner for the Day, B class winner Dave Robinson. Pity new Sunglasses were not in the prize list!

Will definatley try this again next year, but if its as hot as today may well do half a day shooting and then go photo-ing!

Great course, well run, thanks from Tondu trio :)

14. Baltipal

Baltipal New Member

A GREAT shoot yesterday, cheers to the Sywell crew for al their efforts & congrats to Rob on his win.
    First outing with the TX & totally satisfied with it, SUPERB fun just got to learn to shoot it now!

15. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    well done rob it woz good shooting round with you,ive got a burnt head and ears ouch,wot a lovely day and very werd wind,rob you hav tort me the word for the day cock,when we both missed the same stander:confused: roll on gp3

16. RobF

Club:
    Lol... yep... usual stops me f'ing and blinding, but I think i was losing it at the end cos a couple slipped out, especially when that gun slipped off my knee...

Wierd wind is what Sywell is renowned for... never seen it any different.

Nice shooting with you. :)

Good day, bloody tough conditions, but it's not every day you get to squeeze two GP's in a single day.

Nice work from Andras... Jonny was only a lane or so down, so knew about his score, but did wonder what Andras had pulled out of the bag... Shame you lost that last one James... it got me when we started there, if not the one along side did... I reckon there wasn't much left in my tank for a shoot-off though!

Did the countback start from Target 1 or the first target the shooter shot?

17. JerryD

JerryD Member

Club:
    Hereward FT&ARC
    Neither - it was done on the basis of pre-allocated targets that were assigned an extra adder based on percieved difficulty. If there was a clear separation based on score we didn't use it (as in the case of you and James). It only came into play when we had a tie in the top 3.

We decided that after 100 targets no-one would really want to get their gun out again. In most cases it works but in this case Jon and Andras were tied all the way.

18. RobF

Club:
    Ah.

Yep, Swefta use this as well for their leagues. Seems like a good way to do it. I think they pick a kneeler, stander, reducer and a long one... or something like that. Rich would be the man to ask probably.

Top shoot. Thanks to you and all the crew that made it happen. Quite how you ran a shoot and shot it in those conditions I don't know...!

I'll have to see if I can't rustle up some more CSFTA shooters next year. I think a few couldn't make it because of Sarah and James' wedding this week... but it's not that far away from the top of the region.

19. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    I would have wanted to! But unfortunately all the lanes were disassembled already... :(

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  20. Jon

Jon Member

As usual well run, great hard courses and a good atmosphere.
    Seemed harder this year not many gimmees less than 40 yards, good but where was the Sywell wind, bank at end was easy:D

Andras you went without your trophy, i'll keep the wine. Shame blew it in the morning should have come off with a three so my fault.

A very well done to Rob, good shooting and a first proper win for the March.