FT Setting up a march 8-80x56

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by scott pywell, Nov 5, 2019.

1. MikeSeago

MikeSeago Sloth like member

Range at 60x, shoot at 60x including standers. I have not had a ranging issue with the March since I got used to it. All my poor scores are down to me not the scope.
    I have had very little ranging variation through temperature, maybe I am one of the lucky ones.

Bobby B likes this.
  2. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    To be fair, I’ve had my 8-80 since November 2010 and it has been absolutely class to use...

I range and shoot everything on 40 mag and that’s just because it’s less hassle when on the clock etc. I have used it on 80 on days when the wind is really low but that’s rare in the U.K..

mine at worst when over 28 degrees under ranges by 2-2.5 yards at 55 yards. So bought a double pointer which shows me the difference of the distance. Personally I much prefer the 8-80 as a preference but that’s because I’ve used mine 9 years and the scope has been bang on. Normally it’s me being lazy if I mis range one..

as for cold weather, mine doesn’t move and I’ve shot it as low as -4. So I’m confident with mine from every aspect..

Hope that helps..
    Berty

Darron, DazF, steve1000 and 4 others like this.