Setting scope for FT.?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by cb2591, Oct 21, 2010.

1. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Been trying to reset my T35 to suit my TX200 with CS1000 stock. The weather hasnt helped,with the cold and wind. I have to shoot in a field nearby and from the FT sitting position or kneeling and resting against a post i have driven into the ground. Is there a right way and hence a wrong way, to attempt to mark the distance and record the number of clicks per yard? How long does it take and how many pellets do you fire per setting. I realise its staightforward but it is suprisingly difficult to be exact. I have adjustable elevation type mounts and wish i had purchased fully adjustable mounts as i have run out of windage. How can i set the scope to be able to adjust the windage or have i a problem?:)

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    firstly, I mark the wheel... ie make sure the ranges correspond to the marks made repeatedly... and i'll leave it for a bit and check again before doing any clicks.

Then for clicks I tend to just shoot until i have a tight group, or a group that on average is on the level for the range... i completely forget about windage... don't care if it takes 3mm or 3", as long as the shots make a nice line, that's good enough.

then i take it around a course immediately... helps with the confidence, and if there's any issues, you can check them out.

finally, i might plot a graph to see if the clicks make a nice shape... i generally check that the marks on the wheel decrease as they go further out in range.

i tend to mark the wheel when looking at paper targets, or very fine detail like news print...

3. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Thanks Rob. But what about the windage? As i said i have no adjustment left.

4. stotty

stotty member

Hi
    I had a similar problem once, it turned out to be the scope mounts, it wasn`t centralised.
    Worth a look mate

5. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

Try removing and reversing one of the mounts, if this does not work there are mounts with windage adjustment available.

6. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    Try reversing the mounts. What make are they? If reversing them gives you windage adjustment back I would get another set. If reversing makes no difference maybe you have a problem with the rifle.

7. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Thanks folks. Will have another look.

8. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    I have had to reverse one set of "cheap" mounts in the past.

9. cb2591

cb2591 Member

These are Sportsmatch, elevation adjustable. Not cheap lol.

10. Magic Bus

Magic Bus New Member

Club:
    Cromer Air Rifle Club
    How was windage when the scope was on your Prosport?

11. cb2591

cb2591 Member

My memory is bad,must be an age thing. Was ok on Prosport,good point. Perhaps i havent fitted them perfectly on the TX ? I suppose as they are elevation adjustable this could have an effect on windage. Think i need to start again and centre etc. Could buy fully adjustable if all else fails lol.

12. pirellip

pirellip Member

This same thing happened to me, with these exact same scope rings. It was on my HW97k... I tried flipping them around, and the error was on the other side.

I sent them back to Sportsmatch, and they returned them saying they were fine... I tried the same rings on my TX200SR, and they are spot on centered for windage..

My only guess is that these rings do not sit vertically on your TX200.. I bet if you look closely you'll see they are leaning to the bad side...

13. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    i had the same with a tx and the same scope,take the rear 1 off and turn it round opposite to the front 1 the locking allens key should be 1 on the left and rear on the right etc this should line up,

14. cb2591

cb2591 Member

Had a fiddle today and i now have windage adjustment. Not much, but enough so that the erector tube is not stressed. Dont how i managed it? May still reverse the rear mount,i will see how it shoots for a while. Thanks for your advice.:)