Serious problems with brand new nikko - help !

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by tonytimekeeper@yahoo.com, Jun 19, 2012.

1. tonytimekeeper@yahoo.com

tonytimekeeper@yahoo.com New Member

I'm a beginner who is addicted in FT with no clubs and no one to support on the Isle of Man. I've just bought a brand new Nikko 10x50x60 scope with 30mm blue-print sportsmatch mounts, all neatly fitted to my Daystate Panther where the scope nearly touches the barrel. For 5 hours I could not reach the pellets to climb up 1 or 2 inches vertically upwards to the point of aim as the top elevation keeps running out of steam as from 15 meters to 50 meters. How can I rectify this most extremely frustrating and teething problems to an end. Thanks for your exponential expertise and kind help on this matter. Do you think adding a rail scope will definitely solve this annoying problem ? Or will it make it worse ? Advice.

2. Snike

Snike New Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Have a look at a Barry Taylor adjustable rail, it will give you additional height and allow you to adjust the scope angle so that you can zero the scope at any click setting, which means you can make sure your your not hitting the end stops of the available adjustment.

Paul

3. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Either a rail with the correct drop machined into it, adjustable mounts or you need to pack the rear mount. I use film negative - a couple of pieces should do the trick.

This is a common problem.

Dave.

4. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston FTC
    Could do with getting the scope higher. High mounts raiser blocks or bridge rail by barry taylor or AJP

5. big_phil555

big_phil555 New Member

agreed with the above, add riser blocks and shim the rear mount - I had to do that.

Have you looked at the BFTA manual for setting up your scope - it is on here (somewhere)

6. Pete_Shearer

Pete_Shearer Member

Club:
    Castle
  7. cwprice

cwprice Member

big nikko

Buy a set of sportsmatch adjustabl mounts from Michael Tawn, ATP61 £37.50. Tel 01945 420770.

8. tonytimekeeper@yahoo.com

tonytimekeeper@yahoo.com New Member

Thank you all for being ever so helpful. Where about exactly can I find Barry Taylor's website ? What is his email address please ? Hope the many teething problems I've had with my Nikko not being able to zero when the elevation turret is seen explicitly completely run out of steam as from 15 meters to 50 meters is well and truly sorted out - either with higher mounts and or scope rail, and / or perhaps with few pieces of extra negative film at the rear mount ! Who knows if this will 100 % solve all problems once-and-for-all ? Tony

9. Shaun

Shaun Moderator Staff Member

Club:
    Harriers
    Hi Tony

Try here and if it doesn't take you to his contact details then click on For sale in the links on the left hand side.

Barry is on the STB called BPTaylor

Shaun

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  10. Neale M

Neale M Member

Club:
    Far Coley Ftc