Seeking a club near south east london

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Spuddy_murphy, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Spuddy_murphy

Spuddy_murphy dogdriver

Hello all. I'm thinking of getting back into air rifle shooting after a decade off, and looking to join a club so that I can re-learn everything I've forgotten and start thinking about what rifle to buy. I'm also quite interested in getting into HFT, though at the moment just finding anywhere to shoot would be fine! Any suggestions? I live near Crystal Palace and I'm assuming there aren't many clubs in London. The nearest I can find is North Downs at the Country Activities centre near j6 of the m25 but the website lists meeting dates for five years ago - any North Downs members out there, or can anyone suggest anywhere else nearby?

Thanks!

Ps tx200 vs prosport vs hw97 waddya reckon?

2. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

Club:
    Bisley
  3. Weevie

Weevie Banned

There was one vaguely near Orpington (where I grew up), Dunton Green maybe?

Loathe as I am to suggest this, my recommendation would be to register on the Airgun BBS and ask there. The membership over there is greater so you might have more of a chance finding a club close to you.

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    An old Crown Point lad here!

There's these guys... http://www.cdrifleclub.co.uk/ I haven't put them on the map because I don't know where they are!... But they're in Caterham...

There's also Bisley... which is on the map that Loopy links to.... if you drive out through Merton onto the A3 you would probably be there in 45 - 60 mins. Excellent facilities there.

Also found this http://www.basc.org.uk/download.cfm/docid/AD429C0A-EC46-44C6-A8D54B339D057118 but i'm not sure how up to date that is...

There used to be an indoor club on the old kent road as well... don't know if that still exists, but it was fun walking down from the elephant with the gun bag down there at 8pm at night :D

5. Weevie

Weevie Banned

Should you not say 'Daahhn the ahhld Kent raaahd, gor blimey and strike a liayt an nah not nuffink neivver'.

Or something like that! :D

6. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

For HFT you won't get any better than M.A.D near Maldon, bit of a drive but well worth it;):D

7. simmmo

simmmo Active Member

Buxted is a hour away according to auto route just under 40 miles we have a few London members.

If you fancy a drive out we are hosting round 2 of this seasons Southernhunters tomorrow.

Directions etc. in my sig.

Andy

8. RobF

Club:
    summat like 'at :D

9. clubshot

clubshot Member

10. skipper

skipper New Member

M.A.DMaldon and district have one of the best clubs around or lea valley .

Ollie

11. Feral

Feral New Member

A couple of us travel to Buxted from your neck of the woods. I am in Shirley and Matt one of our other members is in Beckenham so the same neck of the woods as you. Horsham is also fairly easy to get with both being 45mins - 1 hour

SEAC (South Eastern Airgun Club) at Paddock Wood is an hour as well but is FT not HFT

North Downs doesn't exist as an HFT venue anymore I'm afraid so the above are your best bet.

As for which rifle you could go the pcp route... either way you'll see quite a few diffrent rifles at the clubs

Drop me a PM if you want any details

Cheers

Cliff

12. Toucan59

Toucan59 Active Member

Club:
    Cambridge HFT
    Check out the link to MAD in my signature.
    Hopefully we will see you at the club soon.
    30 shot course in the woods this Sunday, If you want to pop along and see us.
    Regards

13. Spuddy_murphy

Spuddy_murphy dogdriver

Thanks everyone for all your advice! Had a great (if rather wet!) morning over at Bisley the other day with one of their club rifles, and I'm looking forward to making it to some of the other clubs soon. Thanks again for your replies - what a friendly responsive lot you are! ;-)

14. RobF

Club:
    cool... glad you're on you're way :)