SEAWC ? still around?

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by herx77, Jan 26, 2012.

1. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Sorting through some old FT trophies I came across a trophy which was attributed to S.e.a.w.c.in 1988.Any information about them/it and are they still functioning,any information would be appreciated.
    HERX77 .

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Might be worth asking the person you bought the trophy off for some history Mike!:D:D:D:p

3. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    The origional SEAWC FT has gone . it was resurected for a while at the back of brandshatch by big tom . but died again . there is HFT version i think off the A 20 just before the M25 . dunno if that is still there . many good memorys of shooting there a while back ??? HOLLY
    PS they put the bog at the back of the zero range and you had be careful when you came out .:):D

4. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    The origional SEAWC FT has gone . it was resurected for a while at the back of brandshatch by big tom . but died again . there is HFT version i think off the A 20 just before the M25 . dunno if that is still there . many good memorys of shooting there a while back ??? HOLLY
    PS they put the bog at the back of the zero range and you had be careful when you came out.

Thanks for the suggestion Chalts,but I have enough from that time to retire with If I sold them ;) but I think the storeage company would notice a drop in their turnover if I did.:D.

Wondered what became of them Holly,their ground was as you say interesting,as was most of the early ones.I actually miss the seat of the pants/can do attitude at the time, something that seems to be missing these days as you arn't developing the sport and pushing boundaries not really knowing where it will go or end, probably just doing it for the fun:D.I think one of their members was a good shot even though he had one arm.An article in an early airgun mag was about him entering a competition having bought it and winning a gun which he then proceeded to win early FT comps with.shame they have gone would like to shoot some of the early grounds.
    HERX77 .

5. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Still there .

The ground was a shotgun ground , which personally i did not like to much . the hardest part was over my the gas pumping works by the fence .dark and the wind was unknowable ( well by me anyway ) ,the best shots there were usually dave ward and stuart lane . saw terry doe there as well and dave welham . some of the members were odd to say the least ??? HOLLY:):D

6. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Was this the ground around the back of Brands Hatch?

7. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    ground ?

The origional ground was in i think horton wood . school road , not sure on that . near south darenth . but the second ground was off scratchers lane on the corner of gablespring wood . if kept it would have made a truly awsome shoot . we all turned out to put out the one and only course for SEFTA winter league . shame that went kaput . targets were donated and i think they were sold on flea bay . oh well ??? HOLLY:):D

8. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    I just remember a club that you had to turn off just before the rise up to Death Hill... then you went under either the A20 or the M25 and it was just up there. Was an open scrubby field with plinking on left, cars in middle and a shoot in the woods on the right hand side. Only did a couple of shoots there, one the Kent open... got 10th equal and DQ'd on the chrono :eek: Had to have been around '85 because I didn't have any transport to get out there.

Was also a club in Chessington I remember... largely a covered plinking range. Had a go of Ken Turner's 77 down there.

9. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Yep

the only other offshoot of it i know of , was west of the A 20 . some where near swanley , i think by the golf course you can see as you go south on the A 20 . as far as i know it is still there . HFT i think . but when old clarky went it was dodgy plus . shooting in the car park , they had a gent out behind a tree with a stick pointing out the hits to the shooters on a cardboard target . least that is what he told me . but as far as i know they never held a open FT shoot . the origional one was in a wood or a clearing and you could hear the gas plant and when closer , smell it ??? HOLLY:)