scratch remover

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by martin c, Oct 30, 2009.

1. martin c

martin c New Member

this one is just for fubar hope it help's mate click:eek::eek:

2. Kingplinker

Kingplinker " Horsham HFT champion 2010 "... apparently...

:D:D:D

Oh how funny was that .......... apparently :eek:

Poor Nick came to the club with his new stock and Derek the gaffer rubbed his nail over the butt end asking how hard the ginb wood was but when he took his hand away it left a nice dented scratch in the stock :eek:

If the wet tea towel and hot iron :p doesn't work Nick I will sort it out for you FOC obviously.

Dave

3. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

yer nice one derek not only did you run you pointy long girly finger nail over it you also went against the grain which is a big no no when it comes to wood :rolleyes: in future please ask before handling someones rifle ;) you should know that .
    cheers dave i may take you up on that offer , i have given the stock another coat today of linseed oil , letting it dry at the moment as it takes 24hrs . oh and iv'e done those bits you spotted under the adjustable cheek rest .

dave ... can wax like bri wax be put on the stock without having to take off the oil or would three or four coats of linseed oil weather proof it enough also do you think i should oil the inside of the stock . any tips on keeping my stock in good nick would be helpful . cheers lads

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  4. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

NO :confused: go away ................. plank

:p

5. Kingplinker

Well the linseed will seal it for now mate , lucky you didn't take it out in the rain though as it would have blown and I doubt the cheek piece would have gone back :eek:

Keep using the linseed until it stops penetrating the wood , once it gets to that stage you are better off wiping off any excess with a lint free cloth .

TOP TIP if you need the stock done quickly : Put the stock in the airing cupboard to dry - the Mrs will kill you but the stock will be nice . lol

atvb

Dave

PS : See how the linseed goes before even bothering with the wax , wax can be used as a top up after you have been out shooting and scuffing your stock !

6. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

thanks mate your a true gent , i will take heed of what you have spoken and use this wisely oh grand stock making master :cool:

7. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

Should of gone Synthetic mate :cool:

8. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

I'm suprised you're being so calm Nick! Like Dave says schlep loads of oil on it especially the inletting and adjustable bits until it won't take anymore in. I use Liberon black bison paste on all my stocks nothing else comes close to weather/hand sweat proofing wood work!

Ryan

9. Feral

Feral New Member

Nick I used CCL conditioning oil on my Ginb, looked fantastic and protected it nicely.

10. Kingplinker

Please note :

Nick already had some linseed oil so he may as well go with that and its always worked well for me , he needs to get something on it as it wasn't oiled between the adjustable pieces . That said Ryan and Cliffs suggestions are very good and will do the job just as well . :)

hth

Dave

11. martin c

martin c New Member

and to finish the thread of one for derek tut tut ;)

12. Feral

Feral New Member

Anyone suggested giving it to Derek to test drive? :D:p:);)

13. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

well iv'e just spent the last hour oiling the stock , i phoned up my dad and him being a cabinet maker suggested i use danish oil so i did , so far it looks the nuts , at the moment its dryng in the airing cubard takes 4- 8 hours after that i need to put another two coats on it , dad said linseed oils ok but sinks deep into the wood where as danish oil will give it a nice hard protective sheen and sit more on the surface . so thanks for your tips lads . :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  14. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

well charlts theres no point being pissed off about it whats done is done besides im sure derek feels abit of a plank for doing it anyways:eek: , he's a good mate ... a pain in the arse at times and a moody bastard at the best of times;) but he's still a good mate:cool: . besides a few more coats of danish and it will be gone ..... hopfully :rolleyes:

15. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

Make sure he never forgets it! Sounds to me like you'll be having brews made for you for some time to come!:D;)

Ryan

16. Kingplinker

Jeez I said use Danish oil and you said you wanted linseed as you already had some you tight ar$3 :rolleyes: , Derek said as much too :eek::eek::eek:

17. hawk1

hawk1 New Member

Club:
    Harsham Hawks HFT
    Well Nick i think i've done you a favor hear if i can lightly rub my finger over it, and it dose that much damage.

How well do you think it would of held up to a round at the Southern Hunters, so best you get it sorted out.

No need to thank me mate, i would do the same for any one.:D

Derek

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  18. FUBAR

FUBAR New Member

:D:D:D:D what you like :p see ya monday mate , good call by the way not shooting today it lashed down :rolleyes: .