1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish HFT Summer League take 2

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by Scoch, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Guys and Girls

(copied from Airgun Scotland for those not on there)

As it stands tonight I have had responses from 5 clubs:

Westfield
    GARC
    Juniper Green
    New Caledonian
    Tayside

Although New Caledonian are keen to enter a team they may not be able to host a shoot this year but we are working on that.

Any other club is welcome to send me details pre 8th of May if they are willing to host a shoot, of course every club will be made more than welcome if they want to enter a team for the Summer league.

We have e mailed every club in Scotland today with details and an invitation to take part and host an open shoot if they want to. So if you are on the committees please check your inbox.

We have very kindly been donated a trophy and I have sent off artwork for a Scottish Hunter Field Target series of badges (map of Scotland in green seen through the reticle of a telescopic sight, similar to the UKAHFT badge) to get 3 quotes as to cost price. Once I have this price I will pay it out my pocket and recover it later.

No decision has been taken as yet as to whether we award them to category winners 1st , 2nd and 3rd or if enough interest use the UKAHFT format where you qualify for a badge by percentage, bear in mind as UKAHFT, you will have to pay a nominal sum for your badge.

This set up is in no way trying to remove support from UKAHFT events, just a way that Scottish shooters can get more competition practice at both shooting and running events (we have to get better, no scotsman can take team defeats from Wales and worse that English mob). We will try to avoid at all costs these events clashing with UKAHFT events.

The ultimate aim is to get experienced enough with the aim of perhaps Scotland hosting a UKAHFT event in the distant future. This can only be done with all your support.

So lets get behind this and if you are keen and your clubs name is not listed above speak to a member of your committee and express your interest.

Please PM me if I have missed anything or you have any questions and I will make the club reps I have so far aware of your issue.

This is not my idea, this is OUR idea!

And for any English and Welsh (or Polish) reading this you may have beaten us this time but you can never take our freedom (Mon the Braveheart!)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. JAGXKRS

JAGXKRS Sparky's Bodyguard

If we come to Scotland
    1. Do I need my passport
    2. Are you providing the sheep for my Welsh team mates
    3. Will the SNP allow a load of camo clad heavily armed hooligans into the country
    4. Do you have burgers/Beer/Coffee
    5. Can I book a 3am alarm call :D:D:D:D

Can we bring Laity?

3. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    1. You do not need a passport, but you should, I believe even horses can get them now!
    2. Leave our sheep alone, they are not contaminated by any of the usual welsh diseases.
    3. The SNP wouldn't see you as you have camo on.
    4. The scots are known for their healthy lifestyle, we only eat salad and stuff and drink spring water only, im sure we can get some of that foreign stuff in for you alll.
    5. Of course you can have a 3AM call and a seat in our special chair!

NO, actually bring him too, we have something special just for Wodger:eek:

4. Photoguy2910

Photoguy2910 Member

Steve, I will try and get to Dunfermline tomorrow and see what we can do, I'm sure we have a few shoots on this year... will get back to you

5. Kenny-W

Kenny-W New Member

Evening Steve

Still awaiting response from all the other clubs, only one to reply so far is new Kypeside due to there Members only policy on Shoots they cannot at the moment come on board.
    However there Rep is still going to propose the invitation, so fingers crossed maybe we will see every club in Scotland hosting a round.

rgds
    Kenny

6. popsheep

popsheep Lee Marvin & the Shadows

which is the nearest to England

hi there lads ,which is the nearest to England and maybe we could make it up to a shoot as I have relations in Cumbria so might be able to make a shoot ,keep us updated .
    cheers Ian

7. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Ian

Easiest ones to get to will probably be Juniper Green in Edinburgh (thats almost classed as England to us proper scots) or Westfield just north of Glasgow.

Will post dates when confirmed.

8. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Will need dates soon for July /August
    I need to find a place among all the shooting dates to take the wife on holiday. Or she said the guns where going to be locked away.:eek:

Stuart TEF

9. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    Simple Stuart

Lock wife away, take guns on holiday, see you tomorrow mate.

10. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Sean, asking if you are going to help him eat his winnings.
    He might let you have one since your buying. :D

stuart TEF