Scottish FT Team

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by bunnyman, Nov 27, 2010.

1. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

I asked this question on AirGun Scotland but it got taken off by a moderator.
    All I asked was do Scotland have a (SARPA) Scottish FT team.????
    If not why not ???

Simple question if it upset anyone then I am sorry for asking.

Stuart

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Best to ask SARPA unfortunately... don't know if anyone else can comment really... :eek:

It would be nice to have one around, but think there's only 4 FT shooters i know of from Scotland that come south of the border with regular occurance... shame, because if they could grab just 4 more they'd at least not be last by default in the inters... perhaps even not last at on merit considering all 4 can do the business on any given day.

3. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Thats why I was asking the question.
    Do not know why a moderater took the post off Airgun Scotland, must have hit a sore nerve.
    The HFT Scottish team was picked over 9 summer league rounds,
    Could they not do the same and get an FT Scottish team selected.
    They must be at least 8 FT shooters in Scotland which would be intrested in getting a Scottish FT team together.

Stuart

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Kilty ?

wel you have one down here already . young kilty . barry mac . i wonder if he has been asked ??? HOLLY

5. CAC

CAC Member

Scottish team

Pet subject of mine for some years ......can't believe that we cannot get a team together for the Inters on a yearly basis .
    The old " Home internationals" seemed to have died a natural death , but was at best a poor second to the Inters , in terms of quality of competitors and venue .
    Would love to compete with a full team but you cannot force guys to travel if they have no desire to do so , shame though as we have some good shooters up here .
    Holly , you can keep him , he defected years ago , but we will take young Craig any day :p:p:D

PS posting reply here as I cannot post on the Airgun Scotland forums for some reason !!!

6. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Its a shame the FT shooters have a lack of intrest in a Scottish FT Team.
    I thought SARPA where willing to help with funding ?

Stuart

7. CAC

CAC Member

Ft Team

Scottish Team was well represented for years when it was the "Home Internationals" ,Scotland/England/Wales and the venue was rotated between the 3 countries and SARPA would help out with travel expenses ( fuel only from memory) for the away trips to England/Wales.

The current National and indeed International FT calendar has probably made this event a shoot too many for most , given it's timing at the back end of a busy season when many a motorway mile and now air mile have been undertaken :)

All that said and done, I would love to see a Scottish Team at the inters but I am not even sure as to whether the majority of Scottish FT shooters or SARPA know the event exists, in all the years I have been travelling to this event this years turnout of 6 ( I stand corrected if I've missed anyone ) is probably the best I have witnessed .

8. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

But this is where I get lost a little bit,
    If this is the case why are SARPA trying to control the HFT Scottish team selection.
    If you go on Airgun Scotland and read the posts you will see that they would like to change the team selection format.
    With HFT in Scotland we have shooters that get together and make things happen.
    Yet no one in SARPA will get together and make things happen in FT. WHY???????

I have asked the question on Airgun Scotland but had the post taken off.

Stuart

9. CAC

CAC Member

FT Team

Seems you want to resurrect a different question ..... I'm out ;)

10. bigboab

bigboab New Member

Suprise Suprise

Stuart,

You know exactly why your various post and polls were pulled from AGS as they were all aimed to stir up old arguments caused by yourself because the dust has settled, and here you pop up trying to stir it again, might look as if you are asking a harmless question but everyone knows what youre motives are behind it!! Why not just stop trying to instigate trouble!! You know that you are on a sarpa witch hunt for whatever reason!! Why beat about the bush - why not just say it instead of acting like the innocent hurt party whos posts have been pulled for no apparent reason!!

11. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Here we go again, Ask a simple question and you go all defensive.

Question Why do we not have a Scottish FT Team.

Answer 1, No one in FT can be bothered.
    Answer 2, SARPA canna be bothered.

Question, Why not ?

Question, If SARPA canna be bothered about FT why are there bothered about HFT.

Now Bigboab if you what to answer the questions please do so.

I am asking these questions here due to the questions being taken off AirGun Scotland, This question was asked back in 2008 and 2009 and it still has not been answered.

Stuart Webb (Scottish HFT Team Member 2010, 2011)

12. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Why......................................

Just found an old post of yours.

"What is patently obvious here is that an already splintered sport is again in danger of imploding with another "us " and " them " debate ,and it seems to me that there is a perfectly acceptable calendar of shoots on the SARPA website to satisfy the selection of a "top Scot" and to select a Scottish team from"

But SARPA canna pick a FT Team so why do they want to pick the HFT Team.

stuart

13. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    Whats this thread actually about

Ive read this thread several times now, I am not from your region but get involved in both ft and hft.

What Im intrigued about is what this thread is actually about. It was initially regarding a thread being pulled from the forum up your way and now it has turned into an arguement over team selection???

Might be best to clear this up and sort out what is hanging over your head.......

Mark "Berty" Bassett
    WAFTA

14. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Sorry Mark,

Long story, SARPA want to control HFT in Scotland and pick the Scottish HFT Team.
    I asked the question on Airgun Scotland, why do we not have a Scottish FT team and it was taken off, it is sopposed to be an open forum.

So I know all the Scottish lads are on STB so I had to ask the question here.

No one wants to answer my question ( you dunna know do ya)

Hope this helps.

Stuart

15. berty177

berty177 Judge Diva

Club:
    Nelson FTC
    I understand

Stuart,

Understand what you are on about but STB where everyone can see from other regions isnt the best place to have these arguements really. you are getting other people involved sucj as myself as I am not involved.

This is something you need to sit down and talk about with your region etc. I was under the understanding that all the HFT teams are run under the UKAHFT rules???

I might be wrong and if I am then I apologise...

Berty

16. DYNO DAVE

DYNO DAVE Senior Member

Club:
    Dunfermline
    Ft team

BERTY,MATE I WILL TELL YOU WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT BUNNYMAN IS A TROUBLE
    MAKEING PRICK ALL HE IS ABOUT IS TRYING TO MAKE A NAME FOR HIMSELF
    HE NEEDS TO FORGET WHAT FT BOYS ARE DOING AND LEARN TO SHOT HFT
    TO A BETTER STANDARD THEN PEOPLE MIGHT GIVE HIM SOME RESPECT:shot:

REGARDS DAVE

17. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

As you can see you will now get all the Sarpa linch men coming on and trying to nail me to a wall.

I really do agree with you, and you are wright. UKAHFT rules.

Try as I might but this is all I get, Talking is the way to go but no one will talk.

stuart

18. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Sorry where did you finish in the summer League.
    Are you in the Scottish Team ?
    PMSL

19. bigtree

bigtree Member

Club:
    Scotia FTC
    Rock and crawl back under come to mind. Trev.

20. bigtree

bigtree Member

Club:
    Scotia FTC
    No Dave is only the BFTA and Scottish FT Champion.Where did you end up in the british standings Stuart??????