Scorecards - The Good & the bad

Discussion in 'UKAHFT Official Forum' started by Scooby, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Over the two days of the recent World Championships I had to down score over 30 scorecards due to unsigned alterations so I thought I would show some good, bad & borderline examples of the scorecards handed in.

Please remember that everyone was reminded to get any alterations signed by a marshal, non of the bad examples here were signed.

Could I please also remind shooters that they need to fill in their equipment details on their scorecards, failure to do so will unfortunately result in disqualification.

Edit...... Also please make sure your card is signed by an adult shooting partner & totalled up

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

1.jpg

Target 8 very borderline

3. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

2.jpg

Target 1 has clearly been altered from a "1"

4. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

3.jpg

Targets 14 & 25 very borderline

5. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

4.jpg

Target 10 has been clearly changed from a "1"

Target 19 is borderline

6. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

5.jpg

Perfect scoring, good "2"s & vertical "1"s

7. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

6.jpg

Angled "2"s & angled "1"s, a very bad combination

Target 16 may be marked down as an alteration

8. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

8.jpg

Very badly angled 1's, target 29 has clearly been changed from a "1"

9. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

9.jpg

Target 17 has clearly been changed from a 1

Target 8 is borderline

10. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

10.jpg

Target 6 has clearly been changed from a 1

11. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

11.jpg

Target 6 has clearly been changed from a "1", you can even see the top of the "1" sticking above the "2"

12. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

12.jpg

Target 10 has been chaned from a "1"

13. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

14.jpg

Target 1 has clearly been changed from a 2

14. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Just a thought,
    how about M for miss, not that there would be that many;), and P for plate, K for kill. Each very different letters in their capital form and avoids the dubious/uncertain/borderline marking. Is a marshal not supposed to initial all alterations even if genuine.
    Conor

15. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

As you can see from the examples given we are still having to down score too many cards, most of these are just mistakes that the scorer can't be bothered to get signed, one of two are people altering their card afterwards & we've even had suspected cases of scorers doing it on purpose to try & get a rival downscored later.

Please follow these simple steps & we can quickly stop downscoring happening:

- Check all your groups scorecards are filled in with their full details
    - Try not to make your 2's look like Z's & keep 1's vertical
    - If you make a mistake on someone's card get it signed by a marshal as soon as possible while still shooting.
    - As you are scoring your partner check that they have scored your card correctly, if not get the mistake signed.
    - If you spot that your partner is marking 2's or 1's that look dodgy then mention it too them.
    - Upon completion of your round, total your parners card up & if they agree with the score put the score in the total box & sign the card.
    - Check all your groups cards for unsigned alterations & targets with no score in them, don't just add up the 1's

16. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Go away FT boy :p

If they are done correctly then there should be no mistaking a 0, 1 or 2

Unfortunately we have a lot of people scoring a card & making a mistake, they then can't be bothered to get it signed & unless the person whose scorecard it is spots it they end up getting penalised. The same people who are making these mistakes will still try to change them no matter what scoring characters we use.:D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  17. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Pete

Just out of interest ...

Are there many of the 'higher' scores or 'better' shooters cards suffering from not being signed ( for goodness sake no names :D ) or are they mainly lower scorecards.

I'm not suggesting any of the top shooters would try and be dodgy ... and I know that everyone should get alterations signed ... I'm just thinking that in many instances the shooters may not be all that bothered as they know they are going to finish well down the list and are not going to win anything so they just can't be bothered getting the cards signed ( personally I would want my best score on that card as I'm shooting for personal achievement but not all people think like that ).

I know it sounds ( and is really ) dead easy to just mark a card and put a 0,1 or 2 ... I reckon the 3 of us that shot the world's together were all intelligent blokes but we made several cock ups where we had marked the wrong card and then had to wait and see if that shooter matched what was on the card or we had to get it changed and signed ( didn't help that I hadn't got my specs so I couldn't see a damn thing :D ). We put all 3 cards in a DVD case and took it in turn marking the cards ( not one's own ). Maybe it's better for each shooter to keep someone else's card and just mark that one so that the same person is marking the same shooter's card all the way round ???

Boz

Edit ... Ah I see from your last post that in some instances the actual shooter may be unaware that his partner has altered his card.

Boz

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  18. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between ability & the mistakes, this is happening across the board.

What I'm going to do for the remainder of the season is keep a list of the scores that I've had to mark down, as well as the shooter concerned I will also note the scorer & we'll see if any patterns emerge