scope sunshade

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by gosawk kev, Dec 2, 2015.

1. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

how do I find out what type and size of sunshade I would need for my scope?
    and can anyone recommend the length of sun shade would be best, please?
    thanks, Kev
    p.s scope is a (Hawke 3-12x50 ao ir mill-dot) with a thread on the inside of the objective

2. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
  3. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

Thanks for the link but my scope has the thread on the inside of the objective and the sunshade you have put a link to has the thread on the inside to so it wouldn't screw on to my scope cheers kev.

4. imorik

imorik Member

Club:
    Ex Anston FTC
    They have external thread on one end and internal thread on the other so you can join them together making a 8" shade if you wish.The picture shows the internal thread end.

This link shows the other end

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p102751-hawke-50mm-map-pro-rifle-scope-sunshade/

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  5. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

thanks very much for taking the time to find that for me its saying that one is out of stock, but there are others on there that would do.I take it that I need a
    (50mm sunshade with a male thread)?
    I may see if anyone has got one spare to sell on the forum first and if not get one of those you put me on to thanks, kev.

6. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Not really.
    A Hawke 50mm AO is different size to a Hawke 50mm standard non adjustable scope, and more than likely different to most other 50mm scopes. I would bet that the Hawke 50mm AO sunshade is bigger than actual 50mm, it is just that it is made for that model.
    You really need that specific sunshade. If you click on the sunshade to buy it on the Deben site they will notify you when it is available. They will be the first to know as they are the importer. I did this with an out of stock BKL mount recently.

7. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

Thanks dean,I am getting hold of one of thoses measuring callipers later on tonight my mate can borrow one from work so I will see what the measurement is then.i took the gun to a local gun shop the other day and out of a box full of the sunshades not one would fit and the lady surving me even said if you go on the hawke site they only grantee the fit for 2015+ scopes :eek: what happend to looking after your old customer base ?
    Ate kev.

8. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

Thanks for the help chaps now sorted the outside measurement of the objective turned out to be 56.something or other mm so a plastic fitting in one hand and a dermal my mate had in the othere made one to fit just need to give it some finishing touches and it will be fitted cheers kev.