Scope Question

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Graham, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Graham

Graham New Member

Club:
    NEW CALEDONIAN ARC
    Folks,
    I recently bought a Bushnell Trophy 3-9X40 Mil-dot scope and have found that targets over 25yds are crystal clear for me even at 45 yds,however when i am shooting at close 15mm targets 13yds to 25yds i am really struggling to make out the kill zone, When i adjust the eye piece to make the aim points best then the targets suffer, so i have adjusted the eye piece so that i can still see mil dots but clearer targets but still cant see the small 15mm. I use the scope at X7 mag, I am guessing that the scope is parallaxed at 100yds, my question is this , can i adjust the front lense to adjust the parallax down so that i can see closer targets more clearly.

Appreciate any help.

Graham

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    yep, it's very easy to do on those. Unscrew the end ring, and underneath you will find the lens carrier, turn that out perhaps 1/2 a turn (best to do it on a range so you can do it to a desired range), screw the ring back up... job done.

Mine was so easy to do i could do it with my hands, no tools required. I had to be careful to make sure the end ring was tight, because it came loose on my springer, but once sorted properly it stayed where it was.

3. Graham

Graham New Member

Club:
    NEW CALEDONIAN ARC
    Superb Rob, I will set up a few targets at close range and at 45yds then give it a go and try and get the best adjustment for all targets. Thanks for your help.

Graham