1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scope info required

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by elite warrior, Jan 3, 2010.

1. elite warrior

elite warrior MAD 4 IT 2012

Club:
    MAD.....
    just looking for a bit of input regarding scopes !!!

i currently shoot with the mtc viper fixed 10-44 i shoot both FT & HFT with this to which i dont do to badly however after trying to shoot at a lower paralax instead of 30 to clear up the closer targets in HFT found the depth of field was realy s**t. i have the range card for my FT so can obviously wind back down and back up again but am not sure what to do for the HFT . any suggestions please .

better scopes at affordable prices :D
    or any other suggestions that would be of any help ;)

atb
    martyn

2. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

If you can't get the dof how you like at the minute then look for something else, what else wold depend on your budget.:)

Ryan

3. elite warrior

elite warrior MAD 4 IT 2012

Club:
    MAD.....
    would you say it is subject to the individual tho or the scope?? as my eye sight is excellent just find it a little struggle to see the objects at 45+++ through the MTC

4. steveggg

steveggg Trainee Grumps

Like the rest of us your looking for the unfindable perfect scope.

To get the best DOF for HFT you need something like a 33/36 objective on 8/9 mag, unfortunatly not all targets will be crystal clear, but the majority will.
    However most of these scopes come at a high cost, though there are a few that will do, but they will be useless for your FT shooting.

As a good compromise you could look at a Leupold EFR, think it is 6-20 mag so you might be able to use it for both.