Scope choice Hw95

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by Steve V, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Steve V

Steve V The six million dollar man

Club:
    None
    Good evening, Gentlemen.

After using my bargain basement Reichter Optics scope on my ‘95 for a short while, I’ve come to realise it’s not my failing eyesight that’s the problem, it’s the £23 scope I’m using.

Now, my budget isn’t massive, just £80-£100, and £100 really is my limit. I’d like something with around a 4-12 magnification and with a small objective, 40 or 44 at the maximum. Also, I’d like it to have an adjustable objective and milk dot or SCB type reticle.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.

2. Paul_T

Paul_T Active Member

Hawke do a vantage 4-12x40 AO.
    Not the best scopes but not bad for the money £80 ish.
    Would be worth having a look through one at your local gun shop.

3. Ash Bailey

Ash Bailey Herder of delinquent cats.

Club:
    Parkstone GC, Glevum, Nomads HFT.
    I'd also advise having a look at the Hawke range. Good value for money, and Hawke's customer service is second to none.

One of the clubs I use have the scope recommended above on our club guns. No complaints at all.

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Club:
    Emley Moor
    Steve, i'll ask around at the club mate........there's normally one or two in that price range for sale.

5. Steve V

Club:
    None
    Thank you gentlemen and thank you, Chris. Hopefully a couple of weeks I’ll be back again once I get this hospital malarkey out the way.

6. Paul Moss

Paul Moss New Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club
    I can definitely recommend the Hawke Vantage 4-12x40- bought one from Uttings and fitted it last week.
    Hopefully won't have any issues, but if I do I've heard their customer service is top notch.

7. mrgeoff

mrgeoff Active Member

Club:
    Broadlands / SOKE
    For just over a ton there are usually many much higher quality, 2nd hand offerings.

I was blown away jumping from an £80 hawke Airmax upto a 2nd hand Vortex Diamondback.

For old tired eyes, the difference is worth it.

Nikon’s can be had for that level too usually as 2nd hand, although the vortex lifetime guarantee is worth holding out for.

Geoff.

8. Steve V

Club:
    None
    I’ve decided to go the second hand route, I’m usually a bit of a tart and prefer new but I realise I’ll get far more for my money buying used. I’ve seen a couple of scopes that might fit the bill but I’m going to hold out and take my time finding one. I generally want something NOW when I decided I’m ready to buy as patience isn’t my strong pint.

Thanks for the advice, gents :)