Scope advice please folks

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Andy006, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Andy006

Andy006 Member

What is the general opinion on the Hawke Sidewinder 30 4.5-14x38 HFT model? I heard they had problems. Were these problems solved? I have never looked through one and was just wondering. Thinking of buying one.

Cheers
    Andy

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    Have a look through one before even considering buying it, that goes for all scopes. ;)

3. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Cheers. Hard to do when buying from distance. But I am also considering a TAC 30 10X42.

regards

Andy

4. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    Hi Andy,
    Go for the fixed 10 sidewinder mate. Very good scopes for the money and I have one on my Pro Target and shot it on my MPR for about a year. I only swapped it for my Sightron 10x42 with the same ret, which is 3 times the price and only a tiny bit nicer. Having said that the hawke turrets are lockable which the Sightrons are not.
    The new MTC ultra light genesis 3x9x40 is worth a look for HFT/hunting, and the panoramas are not far behind the TAC 30 hawke.

PS. If you decide to sell that CS800 of mine let me know as I am kicking myself for selling it!!:rolleyes:

Dean.

5. Thumbhole

Thumbhole Banned

scope

I had one on me mk3 daystate 4.5-14-38 with the sr6 ret :cool: very clear optics was fine to me. :)

6. Jinx

Jinx Non member

I have an 8.32x56 sidewinder here on my AR20ft and i wouldn't sell it.
    They get a bad rap as they don't cost an arm and a leg but to be honest they are good scopes.

7. Andy006

Andy006 Member

Cheers lads. Steering towards the 10x42 tac 30.

Dean, you will be the first person I contact if I ever sell that lovely stock.

Cheers
    Andy

8. blue dragon

blue dragon Member

Club:
    Rivington riflemen
    Hi Andy I have had my fixed 10 tac for three years now had a go with other scopes but still go back to it I have the half mildot ret suits me just fine for a reasonable price
    atb steve