Schmitt's?

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Just wondering what happened to all the FT schmit's,did they all get returned or are they paper weights on people's desks?

2. Mally106

Mally106 Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    S&B

Mine works fine

3. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Swapped my one for the PmII much happyer with the black 12.5x50.

4. Steve

Steve Member

Good to hear Mally,as I fancy a change,and despite everything that has been said about them I still fancy having a go with one.When I tried one it was as though a light went on at the target when it came into focus.
    How does the PM2 compare to the Ft Don?

5. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    Most of them are returned and the owners finally got a refund. Others are in use like my scope, and if you had spent enough time to learn its behaviour, it will work as you expect it.

14 months ago the company promised that they would improve the scopes and find the solution for the temp shift issue. I wrote my last e-mail to them in February, still no answer...

According to unconfirmed reports, since the FT version is a dark taint on the well-known German factory's reputation, so in future it's intended to be put on the market under a new brand name SCHIFT & BLUNDER :D

6. Daveclark

Daveclark New Member

Club:
    Emley F.T.C
    Mine broke

Sent it back, when it came back they'ed nipped the tube, so swapped for pm II, best scop I've had, big field of view, much bigger than pm II, compared them in shop and ft was brighter but clarity was the same. So if the ft had been ok I would have chosen that, best bit was the ft wasn't heat sensative! I must be the only one upset at swapping for a pm II!!!!!!:rolleyes:

7. villiers

villiers Self appointed antipimp

Club:
    Bisley
    Hi Dave was your scope first or second focal plane , yes the FT was brighter than my PMII the PMII is not effected by change of light condition as my FT model was , the temp movement was about +- 5 yards on my Ft model which I could live with it was the change in ranging in light condition which is what made me send it back.
    Don

8. Daveclark

Daveclark New Member

Club:
    Emley F.T.C
    No change

No change in light dark or heat, none in distances it was that good, but something went wrong inside, pmii is just as good, about 2 yard movement on wheel in heat, none on turret both very easy to use, FT was like a big nikko but alot brighter clearer, never thought I'd be swapping it!! Sorry second focal, German ret, very good.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  9. Daveclark

Daveclark New Member

Club:
    Emley F.T.C
    Litteraly a week after I bought it all bad news came out I was babbing meself!! So every time i went out I was checking for movement, even left it baking in sun, never moved. It improved my scores, or at least gave me the confidence, pm II done the same! Even on a bad day something surprises me! Like hitting a target, or even knocking one down!

10. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    If you make enough surely one has to be good mine was shite moved 7 1/2 yds in 18 degree change of temp
    50 yd target set at 14 c was 52.5 at 10 c then 45 yds at 28 c :mad:
    shite bender
    had my money back, I will never buy another s&b product
    Gary