scatt trainer

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Steve, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Steve

Steve Member

Can a scatt trainer be used with spring powered air rifles?

2. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Hi,

Not sure if the recoil would damage the sensor or not. I'd be worried that the sensor would move about on its mountings. It only uses a thin steel band around the air tube to attach.

Do you not have an airgun that you can dry fire with? All you need is a click to activate the shot sensor.

HTH

Mark

3. Steve

Steve Member

I would be using it for 10m training on a fwb601 so I doubt recoil would be a problem.I have used the system (briefly)with a pcp pistol on dry fire but obviously. I cannot dry fire the fwb

4. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Hi,

Sorry I thought you said springer. The 601 is a single stroke pneumatic and will be fine with the Scatt sensor.

Thanks

Mark

5. Steve

Steve Member

Sorry Mark my fault I blame the man flu.what I actully meant to ask is could it be used on the likes of the fwb without firing a pellet.

6. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    Yes, no problem. There is a sensitivity adjustment in the software for the shot detection.

The 601 will work great with the Scatt.

I tend to use mine mostly for training with my pistol shooting. I finally bought a laptop, so my time to setup at home is a lot less than moving monitors and PC's around. This means I will end up using it more. :)

I'd recommend a Scatt course if you can get on one. I learned more in one day about how to use the software effectively, than weeks of reading stuff on the internet.

My course was run at my local target club http://www.holwellrc.co.uk/ and they usually post on the forums when one is coming up.

HTH

Mark

7. Steve

Steve Member

Cheers Mark,where did you buy yours from?

8. Cones

Cones Member

Club:
    Lincs HFT
    It was second hand off the BBS. But new I would probably go to Intershoot or one of the German dealers. Depends on the Euro rate at the moment.

HTH

Mark