Scales

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by BigBluey, Apr 10, 2011.

1. BigBluey

BigBluey New Member

OK, i have a set already, but they are not very accurate, but for what I paid what was I to expect.
    I have been told that I need a set that measures down to 0.01grain. I have been looking through evilbay and alike and thought who better to ask than people who use them, so I am after some advice on which ones to buy and where from.

Simon

2. Willbe

Willbe I Like BIG Hats!

Club:
    Far Coley FTC
    0.01gramme resolution is sufficient. All you are doing is batching into like weights i.e. 0.53g 0.54g 0.55g 0.56g for JSB exacts.

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns & the UBC
    I bought some Accura jeweller's scales through a group buy on the agbbs a few years ago. They weigh to 0.001g resolution, and will also display in grains which is useful (weigh to 0.01 grains too!) They seem to be pretty accurate. About 30 quid if memory serves, maybe a little more now.

4. Jon

Jon Member

How many pellets do you think you would get out of a tin at 0.1gr difference?

5. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

i have a per for sale only 1 month old got them from redbeck will take 30 quid for them.

6. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    used to way my pellets dont anymore all u do is pickle your head with more bull straight out the tin for me i hav a life besides waying bloody pellets

7. Charlts

Charlts Getting dusty

That many angles to measure ay bud?!:D:p

8. Knockedover

Knockedover CSFTA Champ

I use Diamond scales, cheap and cheerful (from as little as £16 on ebay) but weigh down to 0.01 of a grain and repeatedly weighing the same item only vary by 2 or 3 hundreths of a grain.
    Initially I always said weighing was a waste of time but having experimented with weighed and non weighed pellets I won't be going back to unweighed anytime soon. Even "good" batches of pellets can vary a suprising amount. I want to get the most out of my equipment and if that means an hour or two of my time every now and then I'm more than happy :)

9. Artfull-Bodger

Artfull-Bodger Member

I only weigh enough pellets for the next comp and only then to weed out any overly light or heavy, when I weigh Mossies anything from 7.8 to 8.1 grains goes in the same tin as I havent found any difference at all in group size with this spread!

worst pellets I checked was a batch of JSB exact where I found anything from 8.2 to 9.4 grains, it was that tin that made me decide to check enough for a comp!

10. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    to many dials to turn lol,found with mozzies no difference to groups with wayed pellets,angles no problem if i dail right just as bill my score from sunday

11. Rift

Rift "Agent"

Club:
    M.A.D
    i got my "Diamond" scales from Dealextreme, free post from china, takes a few weeks to come through but at under £12 a set good value when they were £25 on the bay !!
    Ordered 2 sets to sell the second to pay for mine, but sold them to a friend at cost..nice bloke eh..