SB 12-50x56 PMII

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Pepone, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Pepone

Pepone WFTF World Champion 2010

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    This weekend I have been pleased to try this scope for FT shooting.
    This model SB-550X56 12 PMII. It is a model almost identical to the specialized model for FT, but with slight differences, the tube is 34mm instead of 30, the turrets are different, 1 / 8 moa compared to 1/4 model FT, and the reticule is different, although there are different options that can be ordered for the two models.
    Although not designed for the FT, however you could use it well, it comes with a minimum parallax of 10 metres. To make the test i adapt a small wheel of parallax from ZoS scope, which practically worth it without any modification. Although only 40% use a wheel for marks between 10 and 50m, you have sufficient measures in the last 10 m, always bearing in mind that the test was made with this wheel rather small.
    The focus is very sharp, having an excellent optical also focus in and out very fast, being very consistent and repetitive.
    The turrets are great, having an incredible height adjustment had not seen before in any other scope. There are 5 turns with 140 clicks per revolution of 1 / 8 moa. In addition, every time we complete a turn in the top of the turret have a window that shows the number turns. Incredible!

some pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Nice pepone. Wonder how it compares on rangefinding behaviour as compared to the FT.

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Price ? ?

4. maestro

maestro European Champion 2018

Club:
    East Devon
    And what about the parallax shift? Have you any experiences with it?

5. Pepone

Pepone WFTF World Champion 2010

Club:
    Villarrubio FT
    Only spend one day with the sidewheel setup and distance marks and one morning shooting with it. With the sun heating and lot of mirage its dificult to rangerfind and to focus well.
    One thing that i like a lot is the snap focus, and the fast to in and out of focus, better than the FT model in this case.
    I had to choose between two scopes and pick one up. Then I tested and saw that one clearly focus better than the other, being the same model, i dont know why one i tried has a slight better focus than the other.
    I have to spend more time and with difference weather to see if it has the same faults like the FT model.

6. AIRMAX

AIRMAX New Member

Hi Pepone !

What faults or major faults would you point on the FT model ?

Regards campéon !

7. RobF

Club:
    probably that the rangefinding changes a lot with temperature.

8. AIRMAX

AIRMAX New Member

From what i see even S&B and the one you have Rob, the March they all shift with temperature right ? So i guess i might stick with my Nikko MK3 that may shift a litle but not that much at least here at our temperature ranges in Portugal. I was looking for a Leupold though but having to be fixed to a magnification of 45 x is not good for standers , specially those long ones with small KZ as you saw in Euskadi this year. But i must say that the weight of Leups are very inviting specially if you are looking on bringuing down the weight of your combo as i am because of my good friend named "disc herniation". :eek:

9. kzozee

kzozee New Member

Hey guys, any newest tests? I'm intereseted in to compare the PMII and FT!?

10. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Airmax . once you learn the 35 mag comp X it is just as good as it's bigger brothers . light , bright and easily used . give one a try ??? HOLLY

11. RobF

Club:
    there's 2-3 in the UK, and i've looked through one quickly... will take time to find out...

12. kzozee

kzozee New Member

Good news Rob. I just get one from S&B Hungary, I try to check how sensitive for tempreature changing.
    Very good lences, nice pic but I'm afraid that, becouse black will be more warm up than FT.

13. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    Is that a 24J Steyr you have the PM2 on Pepone

14. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    Think Mr.O was impressed with Mr.D's pm2 Sunday at Purley.

I know Countorik is very happy with his.

If I were not a mk 4 man, I would take a Pm2 over the March.

Time and the Sun will tell how good they are??

15. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Believe ?

You will probably not believe this . but today i could get between 2 to 3 yards of 55 yards , range finding with a PM11 . what's so good about that you ask . i could do that with a £100 Zos . yes so could i , BUT on 12 mag ??? HOLLY
    PS on 30 mag which i decided to use . i could not get 52 and 55 in focus .

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
  16. emerey

emerey Member

Club:
    Tiro Federal Argentino de Buenos Aires
    Hello Pepone have not met yet, I'm one of 4 novice shooters who go to Italy from our country without experience in international FT, beyond our promotional tournaments last no more than 5 years, here in Argentina.

I have read this review, and I appreciate the information you share with the rest of the shooters. Today I am in the dilemma of changing the look of my newly acquired EV2 MKII/FalconT35, for a Nikko 10-50x60 or a Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 or a T50

Marcelo Rey:D

(I edit my post to cut the duplicate photos from the original post)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  17. Dale

Dale Active Member

Marcelo,

Quick piece of advice - learn to use what you have got already before thinking about changing to something else.

It is very easy to get bogged down in thinking that some other bit of kit may help you along, but too many changes too soon will only harm the development of the skills needed for FT. Besides the T35 is a pretty good scope already.

18. emerey

emerey Member

Club:
    Hello mate, of course, your advice is 100% correct! the point now is, i ´ve never use my EV2 yet, (i ´m still waiting the arrival), and as soon as i can i ´m thinking in buying the "new" scope so i can "start" with that equipment from scratch. The whole idea is remove the T35 as i get the rifle, and mount a 40x to 80x as soon as possible, money didn ´t grow like grapes, i prefer think in this more as an investment.:D

19. Jon

Jon Member

As Dale said, i have seen too many buy top kit thinking its the best, only to find they soon pack in.
    Bolt the T35 on and use that and learn.
    Even the T50 i wouldnt recommend to a newbie.

20. emerey

emerey Member

Club:
    As i always said, i want eliminate the "Arrow" Factor, and only let the "Indian" factor as a variable...
    Pepone sorry for the offtópic:eek:

Going on the thread title again, S&B is an option i consider too.:D