Sad passing away of a friend of a few of us, Ken Knight

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Scoch, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Scoch

Scoch HOW!!!

Club:
    Tayside Airgun Club
    It is with deep regret that I have to write to inform you all of the sad death of a good friend and acquaintance of many of us in the airgun shooting community.

Ken Knight passed away whilst out stalking deer with a friend yesterday.

I have known Ken for a long time and as many of you will know he was one of the most helpful guys on the circuit north of the border and would willingly spend hours chatting about anything technical or airgun related.

I spent most Wednesdays with Ken up the club where we would put the world to rights and happily while the day away shooting HFT.

I was shooting with him when he had his first 60 and I can't imagine anyone being any happier at that moment and that is how I will remember him.

I learned a lot from Ken and know that he dearly loved his time spent shooting with others at events around the country and then the aftermath chat about the ones we missed on the way home.

Ken attended at the Worlds last year, his first taste of UKAHFT at a national leve,l and was so impressed by the organisation of the event and camaraderie and spirit of everyone that took part.

Ken is survived by his wife Margaret who wished you all to know that he died whilst doing something he enjoyed immensely.

He will be sorely missed.

Steve

2. Kenny-W

Kenny-W New Member

Sad, sad news :-(
    It's always the good ones that leave us!
    Ken was great fun to be around on the nationals (except his travel sickness stops :-D )
    I like you Steve am glad he went painlessly, quickly & most importantly doing what he lived for!

RiP Ken

3. little steph

little steph Captain Pussycat

Club:
    Lains Shooting School
    Very sad news, first met Ken at the Worlds last year and thought what a true gent he was, with a passion for his hobbies.
    Our thoughts go to his wife and family at this time.

Mike and Steph

4. bunnyman

bunnyman New Member

Sad sad news Ken was a great man to be around, would help anyone. Very Sad
    RIP buddy.

5. Andy006

Andy006 Member

I am sad to hear this. My thoughts are with Kens family.

I knew Ken. We were members of the same club once. My Scotish HFT days are fondly remembered.:(