1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S510 change side for safety button

Discussion in 'Air Arms' started by inverted, Sep 8, 2015.

1. inverted

inverted New Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Hi all,

Question regarding AA S510:

I'm left handed so I'm wondering if safety button on the trigger can be changed to the oposite side so I can disengage safety with my left index finger when holding the rifle?

Thank you!
    Best regards
  2. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Apr 27, 2009
    Emley Moor FTC
    Not really as it is blocked by the trigger guard as it is pulled back so you would have to fit an older pre button guard and machine or file a slot on the other side. They usually fall out and are not a well thought out design in my opinion.

The best thing to do is let it fall into the bin. :rolleyes:

I changed the safety button trigger I had on my AA410 for an MPR trigger, which doesn't have the button on thankfully.

I can see why you might want one on a multishot and I can understand why AA fit them, but personally I only load my AA 410 when I am going to shoot, and load it on an empty chamber if I am walking around a field rabbiting to save fumbling when ready to shoot. I still treat it as if it is loaded all of the time anyway.

If I was at a club I just wouldn't fit the magazine until I was ready to shoot again, in fact most UK clubs would no't allow you to walk around with a magazine in.
    Hope this helps.