1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S400, FTP900 & Sureshot

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by mono, Apr 10, 2018.

1. mono

mono New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    Hi guys,

Will a S400 movement fit into a FTP900 stock. Would you recommend a new Sureshot stock over the 900?
    Just sorting out next steps on upgrade path.

2. Pete_Shearer

Pete_Shearer Member

Club:
    Castle
    Personal choice mate, personally I would S400; regulated with sureshot stock, better balance for me and as accurate as any rifle.

However those who have invested in a 900 will swear that nothing can match. Strange. I’ve seen some top shooters shy away from 900 over EV.

It’s a minefield and down to personal choice, try all rifles but try not to listen to much to the ‘experts’

3. mono

mono New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    Just managed to speak to a nice man. Appears 900 does not fit. I am interested in Sureshot comments as they appear to be about same price as replacement Ultra Sporter stock.
    Thank you

4. gdavison

gdavison Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC
    Can confirm that the in-letting on a FTP 900 stock is very different to the S4X0/S5X0 stock and wont take the S4X0/S5X0 actions. I have a S510 in a Sureshot (Aeon) stock and can confirm it makes a nice balanced and adjustbale combo. Well worth doing so IMO, in fact probably better than a Ulimate Sporter or HFT500 stock

[​IMG]

Stream123 likes this.
  5. mono

mono New Member

Club:
    tawd vale
    Thank you, very helpful

gdavison likes this.
  6. TenMetrePeter

TenMetrePeter Member

I always fancied fabricating a 10m stock based on the simple Sureshot design. The difficult bit would be the bedding . Is yours just held in by the one screw?

7. gdavison

gdavison Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC
    Pete yes, one screw same as all S4X0/S5X0, they do not change any mounting in the sure shot (you do get a longer screw, that is all)

8. TenMetrePeter

TenMetrePeter Member

Cheers. The difficult bits in mounting the 10m MPR in a DIY alloy stock are the barrel band, the bed and the grip (I'm too tight to buy a grip but I have made one from pair of grips from a pistol.
    The bed I reckon I can make by drilling a block of beech at 33mm then slicing in half.
    From what you are saying I can maybe leave out the band and have the barrel float. It is already floating/rattling inside the band as is the removable cylinder. It seems to be just protection against poor handling and wrenching off the barrel housing.
    The rest is big boys meccano.

9. gdavison

gdavison Member

Club:
    Basingstoke - BARPC
    If I can post any pictures of the stock let me know, happy to strip out my action and photo things for you

TenMetrePeter likes this.
  10. TenMetrePeter

TenMetrePeter Member

Thanks! I know where to ask if I get stuck, and IF I start the project!