S400 Aftermarket regulator

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by zahed2010, Jun 14, 2013.

1. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Are there any merits to fitting an aftermarket regulator to a S400 superlite ?
    I've heard of Tench and Tweaky and there is by a Czech company?
    Is it worth the investment ?

2. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    More shots

3. zahed2010

zahed2010 Member

Club:
    Casleton FT Club
    Does that mean more consistent shots because the amount of air released is more accurate?

4. mr dink

mr dink Member

Club:
    oldham
    Yes but once a 400 is tuned and set up and you know the sweet spot i dont know why you need more shot,s for hunting or hft ,they have been used by some top shooters unreged .

5. DEAN C.

DEAN C. Steyr Convert

Club:
    Emley Moor FTC
    I have a BTAS 410 regged gun, and three other non regged 400 series and to be honest I wouldn't bother.
    My main HFT competition gun is an non regged MPR which shoots extremely well and with which I achieved 2nd overall in the NEFTA open class last year. I am sure non regged 400's have won their fair share of titles, and its something else to go wrong and be affected with temperature changes, or extremes.
    Tench and Tweeky are the same person, and I have previously bought and tried a Czech reg and sent it back as it didn't work like a reg, morelike a bigger firing pot, although I think he has changed the design since.

I don't know much about nick murphy or similar so I cannot comment on those.
    I must admit that my BTAS regged 410 has been very good, but I don't think that I would go that route myself it hadn't been fitted already.

Tench and Rob Lane probably have the best regs for the 400's if you do go down that route.

Hope this helps.

6. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    Robert lane does them for £90 on ebay with full video guides on how they work, how to service them, how to fit them and all that. They are very good and If i was in the market for a reg he would be my choice. :)

7. HotShot

HotShot Active Member

Club:
    Redfearns FTC
    Sell the s400, add the reg money to the pot and buy a Pro Target.

You have just upgraded to a better stock, trigger and reg.

You will also be able to get your money back on the Pro Target.

Just my opinion :)

Dave.