S200 after advice about multi shot

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by coley001, Feb 3, 2016.

1. coley001

coley001 New Member

Hello i have just bought myself a second hand air arm s200 mk3 it come with a 10 multi shot on it. i wanted to ask what people liked better the single shot or the multi shot. I have taken the multi shot off mine as i didn't like it i like using the single shot instead. So im after some advice to find what else others prefer and plus if i wanted to sell the multi shot what sort of price i should be asking for it.

2. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

Those multishot kits are great, sometimes need a bit of a fiddle to get them working smoothly but once they are they stay that way for ages! Keep the orings lubed or they wear and a dry one can pull the probe oring off when pulling the bolt back.

A complete kit that works well has got to be worth £40, more if you have more than 1 mag rotor.

3. Ratinator

Ratinator 77.74

Club:
    Millride FTC / Nomads
    More accurate

In my experience the multi shot magazine can cause pellet damage . For shooting targets single shot is less inconvenient inbetween lanes.
    As for value normally 2/3 of new price, is it air arms or Rowen engineering?
    Simon

4. fireblade

fireblade Team AirArms

Club:
    Tawd Vale FTC
    In all multi shot systems, rotary cartridge, tap loaders, stick magazines, and pellet tube loaders, i have never, ever found a system that doesnt damage the pellets to some degree either in the magazine or by mis-alignment of pellet to breech interface, but generally in both.
    If you want accuracy, single shot is the way to go.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

I'd be intrested in the mag kit if it's .177?
    I prefer the single shot and have an Ali S's tray with raised lip so it's better than the factory plastic one.
    But I'd like a mag for hunting ....

6. coley001

coley001 New Member

Its a air arm 10 multi shot .177 with 1 mag i have went out Sunday for 1st time and i liked the single shot more than using the multi shot.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. Tench

Tench WHFTA World Champion 2016.

I have one of these for the S200, this is the genuine CZ 5 shot kit, it is manual though not auto but it does allow a low scope which the AA 10 shot kit doesn't.

[​IMG]

8. tillygti6

tillygti6 Tilly's gun stocks

How the hell did you find that? I need one,

9. coley001

coley001 New Member

That's one other reason why took 10 shot off so i could get some lower scope mounts

10. coley001

coley001 New Member

Thank you every one for your advice.

11. Tiger

Tiger Member

I've pulled the probe o-ring off a few times when using the magazine, never happened since taking the mag off.