Running a bit hot

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by chip, May 6, 2010.

1. chip

chip New Member

I chrono'd my fairly new steyr lg110ft today and it was doing 816 fps with jsb's about 12 and a half ft/lbs it worked out.

I want to knock it down to about 11.4 if i could.
    According to the manual its simply a matter of turning the power adjustment screw on the rear with the bar provided anticlockwise.

But on there website it shows a video where they say you have to loosen a grub screw first and to get to the said grubscrew you have to remove the stock.
    But in this video the rifle is the 10m version.

I just wanted to check what was the proper procedure before touching it.

Thanks in advance,
    Kelley

2. ninogui

ninogui New Member

it does

have a grub screw, at least mine does. Probably older lg 100 doesn ´t have, I am not sure.
    To reach it you have to strip down the pistol grip part 159 and the trigger guard cover part 166. If I recall correctly the grub screw although not shown in the factory stripdown exploded diagrams (all related to older models) will be located around the the area of the allen set screws part 37.

But you probably don ´t need to mess with that. The grub screw was introduced to avoid the striker adjustment being too loose (a step up over the s400 fac adjustable, whereas the striker spring adjusting screw is too easily messed around for being too close to hands reach sideways, and to be sure you have to glue it in), but yours probably isn ´t loose, just like most anyway, and it is recessed, a good thing.

Pick a pin or a small allen key, insert in one of the striker adjustment holes, and try to move it counter-clockwise 1/4 of a turn. If it moves with some resistance its ok. Test chrony for every 1/4 of a turn till you reach your desired pellet speed, or fine tune with 1/8 of a turn.

You can ´t go over the edge here, as the striker pressure spring part 9 won ´t allow for considerable adjustment (not more than perhaps +-2 ft/lbs in each direction), meaning you can ´t have a 12 ft/lbs gun act like 17 ft/lbs, or at least you shouldn ´t, without having also a different regulator setup.

hope that helps

greetings

Nuno

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  3. sportsmatch

sportsmatch Member

Club:
    Quarry Rifles
    The LG100 does have the locking grub screw its on the left hand side approx 10-15mm from the rear of the action

Gary

4. ninogui

ninogui New Member

Ok Gary,

Good to know!

greetings

5. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    If you have a (new type) LG110FT with the external V0 screw, than there is no other screw involved.
    This can totally be done from external.