Rules .

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by holly, Jul 20, 2012.

1. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Rules are rules it is safe to say . but when are rules not rules ? when they are not written down and forgotten . when barry longbottom was BFTA comp sec . he had em all in his head and should you step out of line , he would shortly let you know about it . but with his going a lot of the rules have gone with him . here are some i do not see anymore . you must not fire your rifle into the ground at a distance shorter than 8 yards in the case of a stoppage or a problem with the pellet ( in case it hits an obstruction and bounces back ) . you must not fire your rifle anywhere near the target in the event of a problem with the pellet / rifle . in case you gain knowledge of the wind at the target IE dust . you are not allowed to string the targets in case you gain knowledge of the wind at the target ( this was got around by saying you were checking the targets worked , but you could only do that once and quickly ) . if you shot at a target where the kill was askew . IE there was a gap in the kill area and missed , tough muck you should have called a marshal . if you called a target and the string was caught up on an obstruction , tough muck you should have checked the string before shooting . at the showdown . you could with your partners approval decide to shoot whichever target you declared you were aiming at . bit like pool . you were not allowed to stand on the bean bag on standers to level the ground out . i am sure there were a lot more i do not remember ??? HOLLY:):D

2. ellis d

ellis d Active Member

Club:
    Castle ftc
    I use the strings to gauge the wind, I hate it when there pegged down:) u cant live in the past old man, get with the times.....and buy an ev2..:eek:

3. luddite

luddite I Love HFT

I'm sure that I've seen a rule saying that the bean bag can be used to assist in sitting, kneeling AND standing. :confused:

4. holly

holly Well-Known Member

Club:
    carisbrooke rangers
    Not my rules .BFTA rules at one time and now gone ??? HOLLY
    PS yes i do use an EV2 , as a tent peg .:):D