Royal Mail & Parcel Force

Discussion in 'News and Results' started by ZakFT, Jul 19, 2013.

1. ZakFT

ZakFT Member

Club:
    Castleton FTC / Tondu / Nelson
    Some good news as from the 13/07/13 Royal Mail & Parcel
    Force will be able to deliver Airguns etc as long as its in compliance with UK gun Law. See latest Rules 15/07/13.

Attached Files:

2. Ceathreamhnan

Ceathreamhnan WHFTA Champion 2013

Club:
    Dunfermline
    I just read something on an online airgun rag that said that Royal Fail had also just introduced a rule that their max parcel size is now 610mm long (less than your typical airgun box) - anything bigger must now go via Parcel Farce - who, will only deliver airguns between RFDs, not to consumer premises.
    So you need to separate action from stock for RM sending, by the sounds of it.

3. Ste Hughes

Ste Hughes Daystate's whipping boy

Club:
    Tawd Vale FT & ARC
    The only way either company will insure an air gun is via Parcel Force Express 48.

Feel free to send how you like but if something goes wrong they won't pay out on insurance.

I sent an EV2 about a month ago, was £35 insured to £750

4. chrisc

chrisc Lucky git

Yep, I sent a Styer back to a mate and it was 53 quid....37 quid was for 1000 insurance.:mad::mad::mad:

5. ZakFT

ZakFT Member

Club:
    Castleton FTC / Tondu / Nelson
    I have very recently sent and received 2 rifles via Parcel Force 24hrs Service and insured upto £500-1000, with no issues at all.

Being that they now clearly state in the Policy that ammunition in question can be sent I don't think there is an issue.

However if the said item or any item is lost in the post and one goes through a Claim Procedure then Parcel Force will ask for Proof of Purchase**. If this can be provided parcel force are duty bound under their loss&stolen Policy to provide Full Compensation of the lost item to the value to what it's insured to.

Very rarely things go missing with Parcel Force on their 24/48 hrs service.

6. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    We'll just spoke to Royal Mail and there stance is that because it makes up part of the gun it's not covered on the insurance but to take the **** they say that they still sent it to Spain on a ship so the Spanish can just refuse it and keep it. After going though the international mail center at heathrow.

7. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    We'll just spoke to Royal Mail and there stance is that because it makes up part of the gun it's not covered on the insurance but to take the **** they say that they still sent it to Spain on a ship so the Spanish can just refuse it and keep it. After going though the international mail center at heathrow.