Royal Mail idiots.

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by Simonev2, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    He guys sent a stock to Spain nine weeks ago. Was told at the start that it could not go by airmail because it was gun related but could go by land Mail. So sent by land Mail now they have lost it in there international mail center at heathrow. I paid to have insurance for piece of mind there saying because it's a gun item it's not covered. So ****** of with it I wouldn't mind if I could have the stock back. Bad for Royal Mail that they lose gun parts don't you think.

2. DeanB

DeanB Member

Club:
    Harriers FTC
    Wonder if whoever took it knew that it was a gun part !

3. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    We'll I told the post office on a few occasions that it was a gun stock and they said it was fine.

4. Jon

Jon Member

Every things scanned whether by air or land and will be pulled by some jobsworth.
    Its a bit of wood

5. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Yes that's what I'm saying to Royal Mail it's a bit off wood.

6. ZakFT

ZakFT Member

Club:
    Castleton FTC / Tondu / Nelson
    Royal Mail are normally very good with loss & stolen claims. Regardless of you mentioning it is gun related what you can say in the claim form that is was special wood which was sent to either be used as air rifle stock or a hand crafted walking stick etc. what they mainly look for is proof of purchase. If you can provide that or know of a friend in business who can provide you with that, should settle your claim.

7. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    I've sent them the print off from eBay to prove that it was sold and the receipt to prove that I sent it but they are still saying that it's a gun related product and won't pay up.

8. ZakFT

ZakFT Member

Club:
    Castleton FTC / Tondu / Nelson
  9. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    Now that's interesting think a phone call my be needed tomorrow.

10. Jon

Jon Member

They coughed up eventually with me, took em 5 months then offered 1/3 of cost price invoice included. Then decided they wanted a picture of the packaged article:eek: who does that, get out clause not to pay.
    Also put a complaint in as well considering service paid for with extra insurance should have got there in 3 working days, ended up 9 weeks broken on purpose by jobsworths.

ParcelFarce only covered up to £100 Express48 cost £13.27 +vat
    They will take the extra insurance for a modest rifle which then becomes £81.77 +vat and wont pay out.

Far better to go to local RFD with an account with Parcel Force or TNT £25ish. It gets stolen the onus is on them.

11. Simonev2

Simonev2 Member

Club:
    Misfits
    We'll just spoke to Royal Mail and there stance is that because it makes up part of the gun it's not covered on the insurance but to take the **** they say that they still sent it to Spain on a ship so the Spanish can just refuse it and keep it. After going though the international mail center at heathrow.

12. blackscale

blackscale Member

I had the same problem a while back and they sent a guy round to photograph the 'packaged item'...could easily of been chucked out...as they well knew!!

I detest it when i have to send something valuable! :rolleyes::mad: