Rowan Setback HW Record Triggers???

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by McMurphy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Thinking of ordering one of Rowan's set back trigger blades for my 97. I like a straight blade but I dunno weather to go for one of those or the curved blade, set back or extra setback! Anyone fitted either and what you reckon to them???

2. Jamesy

Jamesy Weerach ninja

Club:
    Pontefract ARC.
    Definitely better than the standard trigger, improves the reach to the trigger on the standard stock no end.:) I have fitted both the set back and extra set back to HW's in the past, for me making new stocks i now make the stocks to fit with the extra set back design. I've also had a straight blade design which was home made... again to fit with a non-standard stock.:)

3. MickyFinn

MickyFinn I❤HFT

Club:
    The Anston Massive & Kingsley HFT
    Got an extra set back one on my HW80 & it works a treat! Only problem is they're made to VERY tight tolerance's, my trigger pin was 2.008mm & it wouldnt go through the trigger so had to ream it out slightly to fit!

4. skires

skires Well-Known Member

The only thing I can add is ...

I have an old custom Venom straight blade on my target stocked 77. It is also set back a tad. I love it.

I'm also wanting to improve the trigger blade on my other 77 which is in a home made thumbhole stock.

I was going to get an extra set back curved one from either Rowan, or being a skinflint, I was going to chuck 13 quid at one of the steel ones from Robb and have a play with that.

I just keep thinking I should stick with the straight option. Using my 77 with the straight balde there is that bit of flexibility re vertical hold. Using the very curved extra set back ones I keep thinking that they look nice but my finger tip will be guided into the 'concave' blade, and will be sitting at the furthest point back ... with no flexibility for up or down on the blade ( maybe that's a good thing as the finger will be at the same point each time ? ). If I want to go down a little then the curve of the blade will push the finger further away.

So I'm probably going to do what Paul did and cut the original blade and make up a straight brass piece to add on ( sorry again Paul ... I know you said you don't like brass ;) ).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  5. herx77

herx77 Member

The Bodyboarding capitol of Hertfordshire.
    Club:
    Lea Valley Air Gun Club
    Not got one of Rowans but shot with the original Record trigger until I got a Mach1 trigger block and a straight drop trigger,suits me down to the ground.
    HERX77 .

6. McMurphy

McMurphy New Member

Thanks for the replies and advice chaps, very much appreciated :)