Rob lane reg

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by merlot, Nov 18, 2014.

1. merlot

merlot Member

Does anybody on here have a rob lane regulator fitted

2. Barndoor

Barndoor Member

I got one fitted to an s510 works really well. only problem is that ithe pressure guage on the airgun always shows 100 bar and only drops when pressure is lower than that so you have to keep checking it all the time.

3. Adz

Adz Banned

Yep, got one fitted to an s400. If you want some settings to go on let me know. Need to do a few things to stop valve bounce ;-)

4. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

I've got one but in the years I've owned it, it's never got further than my reg tested :p

Ideally I plan to lash up a test rig to assess the effects of varying input pressure on reg output pressure before I stick it in a rifle. The only down side I can see is that, since the unit uses a coil spring as opposed to the more popular disc springs, it's longer than some other regs (Tench, HuMa) and hence displaces more cylinder volume / will give fewer shots per charge.

The coil spring gives more displacement per unit force than disc springs; which might be advantageous from a consistency perspective; but this is just conjecture.

As for the pressure gauge problem; I suspect that, if you're happy to float your barrel you can add an FTP900 filler and pressure gauge assy to the front of the rifle's cylinder (assuming you're talking about fitting the reg to an Air Arms 400/500 series, of course).

5. Akita

Akita Member

Club:
    Greyhound & Purley Chase
    Gloverleaf i believe Rob Lanes latest reg are alot short IIRC 1/3rd shorter.

6. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Active Member

Cool - ta. I wonder what's changed internally..

Tbh I was going to try a tench effort since they seem well executed, get good press and are nice and compact :)

7. Jezza

Jezza Member

Club:
    Millride FTC
    I highly recommend a Tench reg, had 2 now, 1 in a BSA Scorpion fitted by the man himself, and one in my BSA Ultra SE fitted by Phil Crampton of the Ratworks.
    Both have worked faultlessly and make the rifles very consistant.

Ian

8. Steve

Steve Member

9. thebaron

thebaron Member

Club:
    Leics & District (Dowry Hill)
    I fitted one of Robs earlier regs to my MPR about 15 months ago
    The rifle shot very well and gave about 80-85 shots /charge

I have more recently played around with the reg pressure and the exhaust valve spring and the shot count is now about 100 with very consistent velocity. My wife used the rifle in the UKBR22 50m postal (5 rounds) and came second, so long range accuracy is excellent

I recently bought another new reg from R Lane for my wifes AA400 Classic that she uses in the UKBR Sporter Class and this one is much more compact than the earlier one

It has a smaller piston with 1 O-ring instead of 2.

The piston head is threaded to allow easy extraction of the reg from the cylinder and the piston is kept in place with a circlip . These mods are all improvement on the earlier type

This kit also came with a new and much stiffer exhaust valve spring which is easy to set up with a set of kitchen scales

The reg was set up by Rob at 95 Bar and the only tweaking necessary was for me to take a coil off the hammer spring to reduce the power.

The rifle gives 110- 115 shots from a 190 Bar charge. Accuracy and velocity consistency are spot on. Great value and dead easy to fit.
    Even 2 drill bits are included to drill cylinder bleed hole and to open up the porting slightly to 3mm