removing cylinder valve

Discussion in 'Walther' started by zooankski, May 19, 2009.

1. zooankski

zooankski New Member

can anyone help me with removing the brass valve from my lg300 cylinder? i note it has 2 spigot holes but i cannot budge it. Is it locktighted in too or am i missing something?
    i do not have a tool so used two drill bits in a vice to engage the holes ans no ammount of force i could apply to the cylinder by hand would get it to budge:(
    i want the brass valve to fit on to my new titanium cylinder which has an aluminium one at the moment.

2. Scooby

Scooby Pete Dutton

Hi Marc, First the two silly questions ? The cylinder doesn't have any air in it does it & are you sure the brass & ally valves are interchangeable.....have you checked with Mick that the Ally valve has the same threads?

Ideally you need to make a tool to fit, a long (=>9") piece of ally flat with the pins in it, you can then usually get the leverage to get the O'ring seal to budge. It may require two people, one holding the cylinder in a death grip & one holding the tool into the holes with one hand & whacking the tool with a mallet.

3. zooankski

zooankski New Member

cylinder is empty mate. i will check with mick before i try to change it over