reg problem or what?

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by Tallguy, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Club:
    Ankara Team FT Club
    today while doing chrono readings with my steyr I noticed that. first shot after a while pausing is faster about 30-40 fps than the 2. 3.4. 5. shot . wait for a few minutes and 1st shot goes wild where 2. 3. 4. 5. .... OK.

something wrong I know, what is the problem and solution pls?

thanks in advance

2. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    Looks like a small reg leak, so the pressure slowly rises in the valve chamber.
    This will give a higher v0. You might try (un)screwing th air cilinder a few times, this might resolve the issue.
    Regards,
    Rob

3. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Club:
    Ankara Team FT Club
    you mean unscrewing the cylinder and keep it that way while not in use ? or just repeating screw-unscrew a few times?

thanks.

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Active Member

Club:
    DFTA
    Screw-unscrew a few times, this will force some air trough the reg and forces pressure on the sealing.
    Also possible particles that cause the leak might be blown out this way.
    Since I started using a quickfill I have had no reg failures/leaks any longer.
    Regards,
    Rob

5. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Club:
    Ankara Team FT Club
    thanks Rob

6. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Club:
    Ankara Team FT Club
    Rob I did what you said, thanks again. I've shot some felts to clean the barrel before today's session.

I had very awful results today. something is absolutely wrong. I think regulator does not work properly. I zeroed it 2 days ago and , today it was shooting 7-8 cm down at first . I think it shoots much slower today , its muzzle report is weak . anyway after many attempts I couldn't even zero the gun. Giving 10-11cm groups at 50m :mad: . shots all around the target paper ...

I will take it to the dealer for sure, but before that is there something I could do/check myself?

7. Andre98k

Andre98k New Member

Club:
    FTI Italia - Umbria
    It's the regulator which doesn't work correctly.

You should see what's his pressure (in your carbine,the HP,should be roundabout 115 bar) and untighten the little allen screw which holds the barrel at the top of the housing (this little detail will improve the precision of the group of shots @ 50 mt. I know,I did).

8. Tallguy

Tallguy New Member

Club:
    Ankara Team FT Club
    after my regulator was replaced with a new one due to reg leak, but that was not a complete cure. after 5000-6000 shots regulator is broken again. springs are changed with the new ones but its off after only 1500-2000 shots again.
    I am very disappointed and don't know how to fix this problem.

any suggestions?