Reg pressure

Discussion in 'Steyr' started by 4.51, Feb 9, 2012.

1. 4.51

4.51 New Member

Hi there! I'm Ralph from Germany and I shoot Field Target with a LG110 High Power Hunting which I bought last december.
    I changed the reg from 100bar to 85bar and installed the new hammer and V0 adjuster. The gun has the black transfer port. Even with the 85bar reg i can adjust the V0 to 300m/s which is about 985ft/s with JSB Exact. What I thought about is reducing the reg pressure to 80 or 75bar to get nearer to 242m/s or 790ft/s.
    What do you think about that?
    It should at least give me more shots per charge but are there any downsides doing that?

2. merc350

merc350 Just wants to shoot...

Club:
    Emley FTC
    Hi

I can't answer your question but welcome to the forum:)

3. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics; DFTC; Nelson FTC
    What caliber is the gun, and what length is the barrel, is it the new longer barrel with long cylinder?
    Is the VO screw screwed in fully when you achieved 300m/sec? Perhaps the hammer spring you have is bigger/longer, perhaps a shorter spring would achieve a lower velocity.

If the reg pressure is too low and you have to screw in the VO (velocity adjuster) i.e. hammer spring too much then the spring is under a lot of tension.

It is probably best to find a balance between reg pressure and hammmer spring tension.

Conor

4. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    high power sometimes are set at 120 bar on reg and also hav a ball bearing with the external power adjuster,if u dont hav external power adjuster the ball bearing will not be their,to drop power take the reg out turn down to 90 bar,sometimes hp model the reg does not come down,so take a bell view washer out of reg and then the reg will come down 85 to 90 bar,hp regs hav 9 bell view washer ft models only hav 8 washer etc,could u tell us wot power aduster hav u got fitted etc external or standard type with big slot in

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. 4.51

4.51 New Member

It's the 4,5mm, long barrel (55cm) and long cylinder with external V0 adjuster.
    I can get it down to 12ft/lbs but I thought it would be better to go down with the reg pressure if I can adjust it so high. I only fitted the spring without the ball bearing.

6. Delphinus

Delphinus New Member

Club:
    CTC
    The 12ft/Lbs don't use the ball bearing.

7. fx sniper

fx sniper New Member

Hi

Could some maybe show a picture of the new setup Steyrs running, since mine originally a .177 hp
    a while back I bought new valve pin and spring, but valve pin didnt work too short and faced off
    differntly compared to the one thats on it.
    Its because I would like to have mine upgraded to newest standards so Im seeking
    picture of : Hammer and hammerspring, valve seat, valve pin and return spring
    and external power/spring adjuster

Cheers

FX SNIPER

8. Conor

Club:
    Sounds to me like you need to send your gun to your Steyr importer. You will end up possibly damaging something fitting incorrect parts and it will give you peace of mind knowing the gun is working as it should.

9. 4.51

4.51 New Member

Sending it back is no option in the moment cause I shoot FT comps every second weekend. It shoots realy good, that is not the problem. I only thought going down down with the reg pressure will have some benefits.
    I also think I have the right parts fitted.
    I'll adjust my second reg to 75bar, I've a reg checker, and try it out. Maybe that will give some good information for other's too.

10. Conor

Club:
    What type of FT competitions do you shoot in, I assume they allow more than 12ft/lb if your gun won't come down in power.
    Contact your official Steyr importer and have a chat with him/her and Just order a proper standard firing valve, return spring, and standard hammer spring from the official German importer then and you will have all the correct parts:)

11. 4.51

4.51 New Member

Like I said before, it comes down to 12ft/lb, that is'nt the problem.

12. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    screw the power adjuster right out and shoot through the chrono it should read less than 6lbs of power,does this happen matey

13. JEV

JEV Member

Club:
    Purley Chase FTC
    A lower reg pressure wil be OK at 16J power levels but wil waste air if you are going to run at 20-24J power levels. As Conor recomends, set the gun up to the importers recomended specification for the power level you want to run at.