Red 22mm piston seal supplier?

Discussion in 'Piston & Spring' started by doninva, Jan 19, 2019.

1. doninva

doninva New Member

Installed a Tony leach 22mm kit in my TX. Decided to order one for my TX-HC. Was going to get a extra red piston seal and a set of the delrin guides but Tony doesn't have any extras. I can whip out some guides, on the lathe, but would like to source a 22mm red seal. Anyone have a source for them. Thanks, Don

2. Evo

Evo SCOUSER and top wheel nicker

Club:
    ByleyFTC, the Dib,Blackbrook
    to be honest mate, the red seal will not be the one that packs in if any, its the seal behind it that is doing all the work, they are the ones you need

3. doninva

doninva New Member

I have a good supply of the o-rings now. I stretched the one that came with my kit. Just want a spare breech seal on hand. If l have one on hand, will never need it LOL

4. Evo

Club:
    the actual red one is designed to virtually be life lasting,i know that may sound daft, but it has been designed so that it is gonna last a very very long time no matter how many pellets you will put through it, if you use facebook then go on the group called " lost volume " you will find everything you need to know on there, honestly you dont need a spare, its the seals behind it that does all the work, the red seals tolerances are designed specifically so it will last a lifetime, give "lost volume" a try

MickyFinn likes this.
  5. bigtoe

bigtoe Member

I have loads of extra's, just ask me instead of asking on a forum ;)

MickyFinn and Evo like this.
  6. Nick G

Nick G Active Member

Club:
    Greyhound/ Purley Chase
    just for variety. If you want to try another , an aussie company on the bay, do a reasonably good 22mm , as long as you get the piston nose fitting correct, so the rear of the seal doesn't bind .

7. Sake-San

Sake-San La Vieille Alliance

Club:
    l'Association Francaise de Field Target
    They do indeed Nick and very, very good it is too :):):), that’s the benefit of asking questions on a forum... :D;)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  8. Evo

Club:
    it might be but would it not have been easier to contact the supplier of the kit ???

asking on a forum will get a multitude of different replies all saying different thing where if he would of asked Tony ( who the kit was off ), he would of got 1 reply straight away,

the op also clearly stated Tony never had any extras when infact this is not the case as Tony has already said he has loads of extras,,,