Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by gosawk kev, Apr 15, 2013.

1. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

hi there can any one recommend somebody that could have a look at my air riffle (AA s410 .22 carbine) i am having real trouble zeroing it.don't know if the scope is at fault or the barrel is bent or what i could do with someone who can have a look at it and hopefully sort things out for me thanks kev.
    p.s somebody within driving distance of st,helens i don't really trust the post with things that you don't want knocking around if you know what i mean ;)

2. paula

paula Senior Member

Hi kev
    What's going so badly Wrong ?
    Dont try to zero your rifle on one shot, shoot a "Group of three or more shots at a single POA (point of Aim)
    as a start point use 20 yards, this will produce a pattern of hole in the tgt, draw a circle through the centre of the 2 furthest apart holes, find the centre of this circle (mean point of impact) adjust the MPI on to the POI with the adjusters on your scope, (if you need to move the MPI left follow the arrows on the sight adjusters).

Your S410 should be capable of sending 3 shots through the same hole at 20 yards.
    A very common fault with the S400 range, is You might have knocked the barrel at some stage and forced it out of alignment, there are two little grub screws on the Figure of 8 (barrel Band) try loosening these let the barrel settle and nip them back up.

Hope this helps Bud
    ATB
    Phil

3. Shaun

Shaun Well-Known Member

Club:
    Harriers
    That's what happened to mine. The barrel would then move as the charge dropped in the cylinder. Five minutes to fix - if you know and I didn't :)

Shaun

4. gosawk kev

gosawk kev New Member

I went back to the beginning and slackend the figure 8 band off and then reset the barrel, re fitted the scope and tried again i am happy to say gun now shoots as it should and very soon found the limit of my talent lol now getting a grouping of about a five pence piece at 30 yards thats about as good as i am going to get. The riffle is probably capable of much better but in someone else's hands lol thanks for the help its much appreciated cheers kev.;)

5. paula

paula Senior Member

Great Kev
    Its just one of those little quirks all guns have, Air Arms has the barrel band. Now that you know it wont ever catch you out again !.:D:D:):):):):):)
    ATVB
    Phil