Recommendation req: Entry-level FT scope...

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by CameronWilson, Feb 10, 2011.

1. CameronWilson

CameronWilson Member

Club:
    JGARC
    Hi Guys,

Can you recommend me an entry-level FT scope?

At the moment I'm looking at:

Nikko Stirling Targetmaster 10-50X 60 IR
    MTC Viper 8-32X 60 SCB

I've got a budget of £280ish, and I'd like to be able to get my hands on a suitable scope so that I can attend my first FT shoot this weekend.

Cheers,

Cam.

2. chrispro97

chrispro97 New Member

Club:
    purley chase ftc
    go s/h matey,big nikko mk2 300 ish,4200 bushnell 8/32 300 ish,falcon t35 200 ish, the trouble is the scopes that u hav said about the glass r crap,and mtc u will struggle with 50/55 marking,i think holly on ere brought a new scope for that money saying its ok for the money,even go down the route of a tasco customshop or dpm,deben millpro 8.5/34 r ok i would go s/h matey

3. DaveRobinson

DaveRobinson NEFTA Chairman

Club:
    Anston
    Agree with chris...buy it once get a nikko diamond 10-50*60 i went down the cheap route of an mtc viper 8-32 when i started ft sun white out etc nightmare changed it for a mk3 big nikko 3 months later. Just get a good secondhand nikko if you can get an origional receipt with a second hand one you will proberbly get the balance of the 15 year warranty..

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers