Re Juniors in the Worlds.

Discussion in 'Hunter (HFT) & Field Target (FT)' started by Gcos, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Can anyone tell me how a Junior qualifies to go to the Worlds from the UK, or do they automatically qualify ?? if they want to represent thier Country.

2. Conor

Conor Never been banned from sales Staff Member

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Not much help and not answering your question Gerard but both SAfrica's juniors were in the SAfrican team in Norway.

3. NJR 100

NJR 100 Because I`m AWESIME !!

Club:
    Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree
    the best of the best

If their Welsh they just need to turn up really.
    I think we will use Tosh'es youthfull / boyish looks and enter him next year!!

The irish are not allowed youngsters after the ..:eek:

and the Scots have eaten all thiers:D

I would expect an english youth shooter will as they "if their good enough be old enough" or not.

ie he / she will have to qualify with the rest at inters weekend?

Unless there are alot of spare places come Jan?

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Depends on the entry limitations of the host each year. For Germany as places could be limited they qualify as per the rest, details of which were circulated to all reps recently. Combined score of champs/inters. For 2014 until changed EFTA place selection will be the euros.

5. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re the Juniors

Thanks for that Connor, you got any spare pklaces for Juniors ???.
    Ger.

6. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re the spelling .Places.

7. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Well ,thats another cracking idea.

8. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Who's looking to go Gerard?
    With limited spaces available it may be a selection of top ten from qualification, who want to go :confused:
    Have to have lived in a country for 1 year to shoot for them.

9. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re. the Juniors

I have to ask the question , have the reps cascaded this information down to the grass rootes. But I also have ask the very important question why do you have a Junior class, Ladies class , spring gun class and Veterans class in the WFTF, when it looks as if they have to shoot against the the people in the open pre charged class to qualify. I am sorry but this is just not acceptable the EFTA has to have a rethink on this and come up with an acceptable solution.

10. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re the Juniors

Hi Connor, will you have an 8 man team going ?, we have a possible Junior who may want to go to Germany but I aint getting anywhere over here as usual.
    Ger.

11. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    As said Gerard, the problem is not EFTA, it's the WFTF it's getting to the stage where it's silly!
    Only 10 places per country so may the 10 best men, women, juniors or vets win their slot! Harsh but realistically true as its only 'fair' (used loosely) solution!

12. RobF

Club:
    Yes the reps were informed of the selection process when the committee of reps agreed it in September. It was also posted publicly on the 12th of that month on the EFTA sub forum of the bfta site. To date, since the meeting and the decision, there has been no objection raised by a region or any person for that matter. Nor has there been any question by any shooter, parent or guardian about selection policy for Germany for juniors.

The classes of shooters were circulated for feedback with the EFTA reps when the wftf proposed them. Again there was no objection raised by the committee then. The EFTA did raise concerns about there being enough places to accommodate class completion but the only classes enshrined are the pcp and springer. The others are subsets of the field's entry.

The EFTA does not dictate what happens in the wftf more than any one shooter or anyone else for that matter does in the EFTA. It's a democratic process as much as it can be. What is not acceptable is the suggestion that the EFTA has to do something just because someone thought about it and posted on the Internet about it somewhere. That approach, I would respectfully suggest, is the thing that needs the rethink.

13. RobF

Club:
    You can't just swap teams, you need to be resident for a year.

Which junior wants to go, who have they contacted and what was the response?

14. Gcos

Gcos Member

Club:
    Thorn Dell ( RIP )
    Re the Juniors

Hi Connor, its not harsh and its not realistic and it certainly isnt "fair" it is a total abomination. Why do you have the various other classes set up by the WFTF if you are going to exclude these possible participants by the method of selection (as the EFTA is doing) . Well it certainly isnt morally correct and I have my doubts as to whether it is legally correct.

15. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    The WFTF need to offer RGB's places specifically for Juniors, ladies and vets. They have offered 10 places this year which for some RGB's clearly isn't enough places.
    Its a whole pile of smelly stinking poo poo to try to decide how many places to offer for each category IMO as some nations may be very strong in certain categories compared to others.
    Imagine offering each nation 2 lady, 2 junior and 2 vets that leaves 2places for the springers and another 2 for the PCP. Only problem with that is EFTA as a RGB'S have a very strong pool
    of talented shooters all capable of winning the worlds wanting to attend, far more than 10 so it's down to sending the 10 best.
    Just my take in it anyway.

16. fredyninefingers

fredyninefingers Non member

Garlic bread seems to have a better future in ft than a junior........
    This is a sport just thrashing about aimlessly,no steering wheel,no captain...
    The words house in order spring to mind.......

17. greyskullnz

greyskullnz Non member

Without passing any comment on any RGB's methods of determining their members going to Worlds events,.......perhaps its time WFTF started adding days to the main event.

Juniors/Seniors Days or any other added classes legally allowed in the Hosts territory, then the main event for Springers/PCP as the finale.

Turn up in time for your own match,......... maybe watch the other days as a spectator/supporter.

Longer event for the organisers for sure; but timed right, all wishing to attend from all classes from all member Countries could be accommodated.

18. RobF

Club:
    Again, for the simplicity, the EFTA has had no objections from anyone about it's selection policy.

Which Junior/s are we talking about?
    Who was the subject raised with, how and when?
    What was the response?

The words " easier to type few words on a forum somwhere rather than actually sit down and work out a coherent proposal and raise it through the correct channels " spring to my mind. :rolleyes:

19. nemesis

nemesis 55yrd standing expert, or was it 8 or 9?

Happen it's Ian Taylor's love child,sorry Gerrard couldn't resist that one :D

20. Conor

Club:
    Back Hill Ballistics
    Long days/week for the organisers, it's already taking over 5hrs per course as it is. Germany will be 6.5hrs with 4 per lane and no stoppages!

One target per lane, 150 lanes =450 shooters which is more than enough to accommodate everyone for the three days all shooting at the same time in the same conditions. Not ideal but how else can it happen fairly?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.