Raising a cheek piece

Discussion in 'General Airgun Chat' started by LAity, Feb 4, 2010.

1. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Hi all

So i have now got my lovely Beeeesa and think the gun is wonderful...However i need to raise the cheek piece some what. I would like an adjuster in it, i dont need much BUT do need some for sure. i am slightly off a few shots. I dont want to spend loads on a Custom job but might have to sadly. I thought about the ammo holder like i have on my .243 but there really uncomfortable and it smells horrible....not sure of what to be honest:confused:. I used my Steyr which is a lovely gun and you could adjust the cheek piece to the scope accordingly which is nice and that's what i need!!!!

So any clues chaps, and how much would it be to get a custom job done on it??

Thanks

LAity

2. skires

skires Well-Known Member

Hi Laity

I've just got off the phone and I am having my BSA Cheekpiece made adjustable next week.

Cost is £45 but it's very local to me so I will be dropping off and picking up so you would have postage to include.

This old S10 shoots as accurate as anything I've had but the scope is so high I'm resting my chin on the cheekpiece and not my cheek.

I put a thread on the BBS a short while ago and had several replies via PM with offers of adj. Ch. metalwork but they were to then fit myself.

I'll happily send you pics mate when I've had mine done so you can see what it looks like.

Boz

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  3. stu180101

stu180101 Member

Paul Wilson ?

Good morning Sir,

Quite a few of the boys at Quarry have sent their guns (Daystate's) to Paul Wilson to have adjustable cheek pieces fitted - they look great too ! I believe it costs approx £70 but, Sparky would know for definate.

See thread here

I am hoping to have mine done in a few months - as a Birthday present to me, from me :D Just don't tell SWMBO. ;)

4. RobF

RobF Administrator Staff Member

Club:
    Parkstone Gun Club, South Dorset FTC, Southampton Buccaneers
    Is it only Daystates (does anyone know?)

5. rubi-tong

rubi-tong Bernies MY *****

If it's for the R10 then I'd look for some one with a band saw or simular.. Put a flat edge where the butt plate fits to ensure the stock is square and not canted over when on it's side, use masking tape so you can draw your shape of the cheek piece. Cut it out....

The hard part is drilling the holes for the rods, they need to be perfectly aligned to each other or they will bind when adjusting up and down, Use lots of masking tape to protect the wood and clamp it into a vice using a spirit level to ensure its flat, using a pillar drill, drill your two holes around 2.5 inch apart (make sure you measure and record the distance as you need to translate this measurement over to the cut out cheek piece). do the same with the cheek piece and you should end up with two holes parallel to each other. I think 6mm or 8mm is about right for your rods (try B&Q) make sure your holes are the same diameter

Get some glue like araldite rapide and glue your rods into the cheek piece and allow to dry. this will then slide in and out of the stock nicely. To secure it at the height you require, use the screw in threaded inserts (available from "modelfixings") drill two holes using the pillar drill and the stock on it's side to intersect the rod holes, screw in the inserts using an allen key (you may have to reduce the length of the inserts using a grinder depending on the length required), Use two correct sized bolts or large grub screws (obviously the same thread as your inserts) to fix the rods at your height.

Total cost will be around £15/20. it's finding someone with a band saw and pillar drill that will be the hard part. I think the finshed result is (aslong as you've done it right) very professional looking, you can even get an aftermarket adjuster knob that the EV2 guys are using to "finish the look".

Best of luck buddy. Mark

6. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Think Paul can do most, this is my MK4

Pete

Attached Files:

7. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

Well that's that sorted then. Its going to Paul Wilson ( said in the voice of MaT ) and he is going to give it the magic !!! Looking forward to seeing it when its done!!!!

Thanks all for the help

LAity

8. rogb

rogb Señor Member

Yes Rog the PW adjuster is top notch and he is a great bloke to deal with, helped me out no end:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  9. LAity

LAity Goed Geschoten

I think once i have a raiser put in then the gun is ready to go. I cant wait!!! O ...i also need a muzzle flip as well.... Then the gun is done.

LAity

10. Steve

Steve Member

Please PLEASE OIL THAT STOCK it would look amazing:D

11. Sparky

Sparky Ich dien Staff Member

Club:
    Quarry Hunters
    Already done, that pic is about 4 months old:D

Pete

12. DaveTV

DaveTV Member

Club:
    Who knows....
    Any idea on the turn around time from Paul Wilson on the adjuster fitting??

13. Steve

Steve Member

Good lad:D